Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

gold 'picker' and flake air test

jas415

There are a lot of 'gold' air tests on the net right now with the 800, some of them are small gold chains and others with rings. So, I had some old gold flakes and small 'pickers' so I decided to see if the 800 could pick them up. It's raining outside right now so I did it in the house along with all the emi from the TV, wireless, Direct TV wireless, etc.. A tad chirpy but on Gold 1, at 3 inches waving the bags across the coil it hit on ALL of them. Nice and clear, not even a doubt about a target there. I forgot to ck them on Gold 2, but Gold 2 appears to be a lot more sensitive for some reason and I have no doubt it would hit also. I plan on going to Galveston Saturday and do a 'buried in the 'dry' sand, 'wet' sand and under the water buried test. Will post the results.

I dont think there will be much depth, maybe 4-5", but on Gold 2 it just might hit deeper.

There are 3 small bags with a single 'picker' in two of the bags and 3 smaller 'pickers' in one.

I think there is a competition hunt in Galveston this weekend, just a thought :wiggle:
Laplander

Saturday in Galveston is correct. The rules have changed this year. You're only allowed to hunt with an ACE 150 and a 5" coil. They want to really test your skills. No need to even bring a detector, a detector will be provided for you. Jus saying.

Actually there will be a very large hunt, no water hunts though, so 'kajunman' (we do certainly appreciate the aid of the 'Cajun Navy' during Harvey) can leave his air boat at home. The Houston Club does its annual 'open' hunt there and puts about $10K total in the hunt, and there are several detectors to win. I think the Texas Assc. of Metal detector clubs is also sponsoring a hunt. I usually go and take pictures and I thought I would do a test bed for the 800. Small gold and sivler rings, ear rings, ear studs, and small thin gold chains. In air tests Gold 2 is a BEAST on small chains, but the proof will be buried deeper than 3"! Also thought I would bury the small gold 'pickers' in small zip locks in a test bed for all machines to run over to see the results.