Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold ring Id's & pk1 vrs pk2 on relics

tometusns

I rejected 12, 15 &16 I later put 12 back in because a very worn v-nickel hit 12. Pk1 got rid of the pulltabs on top but also the row of relics below it. Pk2 still got rid of two pull tabs while two became iffy signals. What I found very interesting is the amount of relics that moved down into the accepted range. There really is a difference in the way the freqiencies are weighted to hit different targets better.

There were only 5 relics left rejected and one cufflink moved to an iffy signal. I did pick up 1 more tab in the accept range but a bunch more of the relics were accepted.

Thanks, Dan, Steve. I can't hunt cause of weather. I wanted to do something with it.

Do you have a coin line up for vdi numbers? Thanks for the info

Weston

Great work!

Thank you for the report. :thumbup:

weston said:

Weston
I can do one... but it won't be fancy. I'll get the wife to give me a hand.

weston said:

Weston
Here are a few I acquired today with a tub of random stuff I had
10qjaew.jpg

kevinnc said:
What is new or better about this detector? Is there any new technology?

Too early for anyone here to "personally vouch for" what is "better" about the unit, as they have just now arrived in the first customers' hands.

BUT -- if you have any faith in Minelab and its engineers/physicists (as I do, based on other Minelab machines I use/have used, which have proven themselves to me), you might be interested in what Minelab says with respect to the "new technology" part of your question.

Multi-IQ (their newest multi-frequency technology, which has been incorporated into the Equinox), is what is supposed to make this machine "better." FAST multifrequency, as opposed to the much slower FBS and BBS machines, which likely means better performance in iron. It also supposedly handles ground mineral even better, and thus is -- consequently -- very good at ID, especially ID at depth. That's what Minelab has had to say, among other things. Also, given the higher-frequency capability built into the machines in some modes, there is some promise of improvement for beach hunters hunting small gold.

Will be interesting over the next few months, as people build up some experience, to hear what kinds of results are being had with these units.

Steve

great info thanks for sharing, i also tested 2 gold rings i had and 1 14k hit on 12-13 and a broken unknown karat hit as low as 4 i think the break throws it of a bit

Thanks for posting!

I cant edit but here is an updated Target ID chart, hope it helps someone in their research
1zqd2io.jpg

Thanks,