Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gonna swing the ETrac

BHNugget

Well,after a couple seasons of swinging another detector Ive made the move to the ETrac.Hope to have it in a couple weeks but with the weather going south probably wont be able to run it till spring.I just got Andy's book and have some serious reading to do.It looks like I need to empty my head of what I have been using and learn another language.:biggrin: I hope to digest the book and learn from you guys so I can hit it hard and heavy come spring time.:thumbup:

I too have recently made the change (from an X-Terra 70). I bought Andy's book about a month ago and in reading it, realized what I had been missing. Read the book page by page and highlight those items of great interest or importance to you. Get through the book and you will still be a little numb from absorbing all that information but on your second read, with the highlighted areas from the first go around, the light will come on and you will feel comfortable with all the features of the E-Trac and its functions. Download the E-Trac Emulator and get used to the functions and how to create and edit patterns, adjust settings, hear the sounds and I believe it will really help to bring it all together. Of course, you and I will lack the practical experience that will come from using the machine in the field but at least we'll have the headstart that understanding the functions brings. I feel that the last two years of swinging the X-Terra 70 will help my practical experience as well. Congratulations on your move to the E-Trac!
Idaho PRB

Bad choice... Now you're gonna be addicted to finding silver!

Hey all, About the only good to come out of old man winter is it gives us(or forces us) to have time to do allot of reading and playing with the machine on the bench. With the e-trac we also have the e-trac emulator as a cold weather learning tool. Also a good time to do research and find those places your going to tear up come spring. I have owned my e-trac since about august and I'm just getting where I feel I am making good progress with the learning curve and here comes the snow:angry: If you ever wondered what prisoners go through just watching the calender and waiting to be paroled then buy a e-trac and you will know how they feel:laugh: Take advantage of the time to learn and THINK SPRING!! HH.

:rofl: Well said! and so true. Research will have to suffice for now, lots of snow on the ground and supposed to be 0 degrees in the morning.

Good to have you here BH!!! Looking forward to what you think. Ground is just about frozen here in Central Nebraska. Went up to Black Hills this last summer. Probably gonna do it again next summer, I hope to at least swing part of 1 day somewhere around Keystone/Rapid area. Didn't get to swing up there this time...wanted to but time and family vacation. I swung a little in Chadron on the way back and managed a wheat and merc.

You might be in the same boat I was a year ago. Got my E-Trac and had to wait 3 months to use it. At least you got your videos of you making some great finds with the V3!!!!

NebTrac

Thanks NebTrac.Its gonna be hard having the brand new ETrac with this snow on the ground and single digit temps.If you make it in the area next summer,you'll have to look me and perchdoctor (Jeff) up and do a little hunting (or prospecting :biggrin:).Chadron was one of the meeting spots where I'd meet my step son's dad for his summer visits.I hunted the old high school there a few times (I think its the middle school now).Dang!,that nice moist soil that comes with springtime just cant come soon enough now!:drool::biggrin:

Reading Andy's book and the posts in this forum are a great way to learn about your new E-Trac !

Good luck ! --- Mark