Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Good answers

Doc Holliday

Good answers to the questions we all get:

'Hey, did you find anything?'
'Not yet, just looking for gas money'

Best answer to get rid of people:
'Not yet, just looking for gas money....have you got any spare change?'

What are some of the answers you give?

"If I was looking for trash I would be a rich man."

you tell them "Did you happen to loose $1000 wrapped in a rubber band ?". They will answer "yes, did you find my money ?". You say "No, but I found the rubber band".

Doh!

What's the best thing you have found?"

"Peace of mind."

What are you looking for....'worms for bait, this thing finds them all over the place.'
Troy Galloway was hunting a beach in Egypt with his Shadow X-5, and hotel manager came out and asked him, "you looking for oil?"

At the beach. Bottle caps, poll tabs and the occasional used condom but none of those are worth much.

Exercise ought to cover it.........learn something simple and very cordial in German...guttural language and they will just move on shaking their head...

Just a tip here...
In case you really aren't into socializing with the muggles at all just get a pair of tighty-whitey underwear and wear them OVER your hunting pants be it shorts or long pants.
I have found everyone will give you a very wide birth anywhere you go and you can hunt in peace.

What did you find??

A pot of gold..

Dost blunka, husefelt est rockecnieven ichiban benjo .... and then I point off into the distance.... they don't ask anything else...

Have you found anything? I usually play along. I show them the "goodies". Because 90% of the time I am asked when out detecting somewhere not producing much.

I'm usually out in the middle of nowhere, If someone asks, and I have found some yellow stuff, I will show them, and of course they will show theirs. Same thing applies if I am drywashing. We then exchange tips of spots to hunt.

My standard answer is always "mostly pennies"- which is usually true. I always wear lightweight headphones, so if they become annoying I tell them I'm sorry, but I have to listen or I'll miss something. In severe cases, I fart.

"beer cans" or "bullet shells" or "bottle caps" is what I usually like to say, especially to other detectorists who stop and ask. Some guy stopped where I was detecting around an old foundation last week and asked if I found anything. Told me he uses a Whites MXT and has done that whole area..
He got my bottle caps answer, but I dug this '12 nickel there just before he showed up. I like to let 'em think I can't find anything with my 20 year old antique without any display.. :smoke: