Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got a new truck today.......well, almost

Confetrit

I have a 2007 Ford F150 super crew cab that I bought new in 07. I have kept my truck garaged since it was new and I have just under 80,000 original miles on it. I try to take care of my vehicles and usually keep them for a while. My truck is in great condition for its age, but my cloth seats were just beginning to show a little wear. I always wanted a leather interior but never had one. I took my truck up to a custom shop that customizes vehicles about 45 miles from our house. I had the truck there at 08:00 hrs this morning. They were finished installing the leather seats by about 11:00 with 4 techs working on it. They did a great job, and I was really pleased with the outcome all the way around. My truck is Oxford white with a Tan interior. Today I got a new truck......almost. Better than new actually......No Payments. Lol :D :usaflag:

These trucks of today ,, if some basic maintenance is done ,, they will last for quite a while.. I have an '02 F 150 4x4 with 235,000, its my main worktruck ,, ,, an '06 F 250 with 299,000 , and still runs smooth and strong.
Got a buddy down there in Ga with you ,, he's got an 02 with about 360,000 ,, he says the motor runs great,, he just needs to put axle bearings in the rear end .
Im gonna slap some bucket seats in my 02 as soon as i get a chance .
Congrats on the new seats.

Looking to replace the 01 Cummins Ram. Youngest son is a diesel mechanic and drooling to inherit her, 134k on the odo. Will never buy brand new again but 1-2 yrs old with 20-25k mileage and nearly that amount off dollar wise? Simple decision

Got a 1994 Ford Ranger, teal green with 153000 on her, bought it back in 2003 for 3800$. It's four wheel drive with absolutely no rust anywhere, I'm planning on using it as my coffin when I go, just tie my hands to the steering wheel and lower me down.

As said, if you keep the routine maintenance up on your vehicles and take care of them they will last quite a while. I still like my 07 F150 and plan on keeping it as long as I can. I have had this truck now longer than any vehicle I have ever owned.

Still looking, that's funny. I recently sold my Silverado. I think I lost my mind that day. sure do miss "her".
I had thought a time of two about trading my F150 in on a nice used F250, but as you say, I would be afraid that I'd regret it. Best of luck to you on your next truck.

These trucks of today ,, if some basic maintenance is done ,, they will last for quite a while.. I have an '02 F 150 4x4 with 235,000, its my main worktruck ,, ,, an '06 F 250 with 299,000 , and still runs smooth and strong.
Got a buddy down there in Ga with you ,, he's got an 02 with about 360,000 ,, he says the motor runs great,, he just needs to put axle bearings in the rear end .
Im gonna slap some bucket seats in my 02 as soon as i get a chance .
Congrats on the new seats.
Thanks Hawgdawg. Leather seats was something that I wished I had gotten back when I ordered my truck back in 07. They did a great job. They look as if they came from the factory.

I have an 05 dirtymax I’ve had about 4 years now. New transfer case and head gaskets done two years ago. About 160k on the clock crew cab and a ball in bed I can flip over. Strong running truck. No payment

I miss my 2005 Ranger. But at 165000 miles and 15 years of good service it decided to mess with me. I never had a problem with it not starting when i wanted to drive it but my wife would drive it and i would get the phone call. Honey the truck will not start. Had it towed to a garage and they tried it next morning and it started right up. Ran complete diagnostics and could not find a problem. Another instance of it not starting. Diagnostics did not show a problem.

I took it to a Ford garage and they kept it for a few days. It started every time they tried it. Diagnostics did not show any problem

I parked it. Some times it would start and some times it just would not start.

So i told it good by. Hated to see it go but after pouring 500 bucks down a rat hole and no closer to an answer i said enough is enough.