Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got a Question for all those old timers out there like me???

TRIPLE-SSS

Been detecting now for about 16 years and have used about 5 different detectors.
Question:
Of all the finds over the years, what percentage of your finds can you honestly attribute them to.
Example: Three Categories
mine as Follows…
A— My choice of detector, the expensive one with all the bells and whistles—————25%
B—My experience over the years, knowledge, research etc…—————————————50%
C—Just plain luck being at the right place at the right time——————————————25%
Just curious and reflecting on all those finds over the years.
Thanks In advance for those who respond. 😊

My beach finds yesterday…

Attachments

• IMG_0116.jpeg
    IMG_0116.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0115.jpeg
    IMG_0115.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0114.jpeg
    IMG_0114.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0113.jpeg
    IMG_0113.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_5073.jpeg
    IMG_5073.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_5068.jpeg
    IMG_5068.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_5067.jpeg
    IMG_5067.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 78
experience for sure, research a very close second... as far as the most expensive detector with all the bells and whistles, hmmmm. I would have put my O'le explorer II up against just about anything on todays market. It sure was a beast when u knew how to properly use it.

Mark ( ohio )

Reactions: PDH
1) Location, location, location is the key. You cant find it if it's not there. 2) Guys and gals knowing how to use their machine comes next. 3) I believe most mid range detectors produced over the past 15 years have the ability to find 80% of the targets. The other 20% needs the high end detectors to sniff them out.

Been detecting now for about 16 years and have used about 5 different detectors.
Question:
Of all the finds over the years, what percentage of your finds can you honestly attribute them to.
Example: Three Categories
mine as Follows…
A— My choice of detector, the expensive one with all the bells and whistles—————25%
B—My experience over the years, knowledge, research etc…—————————————50%
C—Just plain luck being at the right place at the right time——————————————25%
Just curious and reflecting on all those finds over the years.
Thanks In advance for those who respond. 😊
What detector seems to be your favorite for all around hunting.Hmmm, I just hit 83 and still going my shoulders are in bad shape.At the present time I am looking for a good working detector for my grand son. Take care time is closing in for me:wave:.

Attachments

• a05ab1f2ab88bef23e92fb98314f5d79--metal-detecting-forum-cartoon-pics.jpg
    a05ab1f2ab88bef23e92fb98314f5d79--metal-detecting-forum-cartoon-pics.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 12
Location - 90%
Experience + Detector (maybe) - 10%
Give me an old (pre-clad), high traffic, undetected site. The rest is an automatic given.

Location is a high percent, but few reading this post know of an undetected site. Most of us are hunting hard hunted parks, schools, and similar spots, and while running into one such spot that hasn't been hit so hard as most, can bring results, on a day in, day out, bases, knowing whatever detector one is using well, imho, is near equal to location. Unless one is hunting yards, virgin, undetected spots are near non existent. Whatever you are swinging, learn it well. HH Jim tn

Sure location is very important, if it isn’t there then you’re not going to find it. Also the detector can be just as important, if it lacks performance or won’t work well because of the minerals and you’re going to miss what’s there. Knowledge is important as welll, give a great detector to someone without it, at a great location, and they’ll miss finds. So the answer depends on the situation.

RESEARCH is the key. There are many places that have not been detected because nobody knows they are there! I use old books, maps, and articles about the areas. I have located old one room school houses, old farm houses with surrounding fields, abandoned boat launches, old swimming holes. Experience with the machine as well as experience at detecting. Been at it since 1976..

R