Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got another At-Pro and this one does not false at all not matter what

Hopefully your issues will be taken care of, garrett is a stand-up and respected biz...... oh and freedom of speech doesnt always hold true on privately held venues ;-) Best of luck to ya !

UPS came and got my detector and I had it back in my hands in just under 2 weeks from start to finish ......It had to go from NY to Texas and back ....I don't think that's to shabby at all ......Jim

"Quote"

Got another At-Pro and this one does not false at all not matter what
Posted by: Keith Southern [ Send a Message ]
Date: February 11, 2011 11:43PM

Hi Keith,
Good demo video.

Now that's what a Pro should sound like.
Starting to become a Must have machine for me.

Fishers Ghost.

Jim, one more question, did you check depth before and after you they repaired your at pro.. any difference at all?

The only thing stopping me sending mine back is the fact i can do a manual ground balance to get rid of 99 percent of the falsing.

Heras,
YES , BY ALL MEANS I checked my depth before hand !!......My AT Pro was NOT dummied down at all when repaired m....This was NOT just a matter of Garrett going in and lowering the sensitivity .....I'm hitting targets just as deep if not deeper , and the machine STILL makes the same noises at extreme Sensitivity that it always did ....The only thing that disapeared was the falsing while scrubbeing the coil , and the tendency to false at every change of direction, and those pesky falses that you hear every time you in the woods and running on stubble or rough surfaces is now a thing of the past ..... tt's also much more quiet when shaking the coil back and forth in the air ....Look at Keiths video .....If your machine does not run like this , you may have a problem ....From what I have seen it's more prone to be a problem with SOME of the very early manufactured machines ....Jim

Topman13,
It's important to Ground Balance your machine before doing ANYTHING .....If your machine runs quietly after a Ground Balance then it is running the way it is SUPPOSE to run ....However , if your machine continues to false when scrubbing the ground, or when changing directions , or it falses for no reason at all in all every location you hunt in , then there is a problem ..... If your machine does NOT false in these locations, you have no problems with your machine .....Again and I say this over and over ....NOT EVERY MACHINE HAS A PROBLEM !!.....Jim

thx jim!!...

topman, dont talk like we are not ground balancing and thats why the at pro its falsing. LOL. If yours does not false, then enjoy!

I'm not having ago at you Jim,and i just realized i had the sensitivity right down when i did the ground balance.I went out today did the ground balance and tried the twist and got the mad belltone sound.it also goes off every time it scrubs something,so i would say mine needs a trip back to Garrett.You shouldn't have to reduce the sensitivity right down to get it to stop falsing.I have contacted Garrett to see if I'm OK to send it in for repair,but I'm in the UK and the dealer is insisting there isn't a problem and he knows best.Its like the bloody government and the UFO situation with this detector lol.people dont want to admit there is something wrong

lol topman, thats it... im in spain also, i suposse we will have to send it to germany... lets hope garrett pays our repairs, at least thats what should be..

Hey, help me out, my is falsing like that, do I contact Garrett directly to get them to fix it?? Thanks

i emailed them 26cent... but they didnt answer me yet... dealers cant fix it, you have to contact garret and wait for an answer, normally they will pick it up from your home and it will be repaired in a week or two.. at least thats what they have done with some members of the forum...

Thanks for the input Heras, bet Garrett is repairing a lot of the original ATPRO'S seems to be a common compliant. Will email then today, happy hunting

Ye i have emailed aswell,dont know how long before they will answer,then i have to work on the dealler as he says there aint nothing up with the coils

do you think all the bugs are out of them, good for Garrett for fixing it, it sounds like it will be a big hit for us common folk that can't afford 1500 dollar detector, thanks George

Dealers dont know a fuck, one dealer here in spain has technicians but he does not know anything about the falsing issue, so now i emailed Germany official garrett technicians and waiting for an answer. But anyway, garrett is telling me that if anything is wrong i can always contact them for further assitance. Seems nice.

and bought the first production models. Now that they have the bugs worked out........well, I could really use a new shallow water machine this year!

Well, I got mine last week and it does the same falsing with the wiggle,swinging it from left to right(a little) and scrubbing the coil.I called Garrett today around 1pm E time. to send it back and they transferred me to Sue.She was not available so I left a message for her to call me.Still have not heard anything back so we will see..:shrug: