Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got another At-Pro and this one does not false at all not matter what

Keith Southern

My first one falsed on twig's and when rotated it falsed.... I am sure some of you remember my video of the anomaly ?? Well my new one is super stable just as deep and will not false no matter what...I dont even have to secure the cable...

night and day from the first one till the current one....

Here's what one is supposed to work like..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cQB1XLCNXU

Keith Southern

What a difference. I am sure glad Garrett solved that problem and I know you are. Thanks for posting Keith.

mine falsas when swingin it and hitting leaves or twigling it, i wonder if theres something to fix it that thoes not requiere sending it to garret.... im in spain, it would take weeks!

Keith ,
Thanks for the video ..... I don't have to tell you how many people consider the original falsing that your machine USE to make , as a NORMAL sound for this machine ..... Some seem to think that the machine goes to Garrett and the sensitivity is turned down .....This is NOT the case at all ..... My machine is a night and day difference also ....... Maybe now all the guys out there that thought I was crazy, or pulling off some stunt , or had bad emi in my room where I showed the SAME PROBLEM , will have a change of heart when they take a good listen to YOUR machine , and listen to what you DON'T hear !!........ I'm sure that you will enjoy your machine much more now that the falsing is gone ......Good Luck with it, and thanks so much for showing how a GREAT running AT Pro can be , even at the HIGHEST sensitivity setting !!....

The Horseshoe / Spoon test is very cool indeed .....The Iron discrimination is GREAT on this machine ...It's one of my favorite features ..... A lot of other machines would surely mask the good target and would let the heavier iron target take presidence ..... Another pleasant surprise is the fact that the AT Pro can ground balance in the Saltwater and hunt pretty darn deep there too !!.....That was something that I was not expecting .... Another surprise is that the machine with the frequency that it runs at , is more tuned in the "Gold" range, but STILL hit's coins nicely at decent depth ..... It is now living up to the name " AT " Pro .......Thanks again for sharing .....Jim

OK so does this put to bed the idea that NOT ALL At Pro has the problem? When I said mine didn't have the problem I was told I was just protecting Garrett.

I for one would NEVER tell you that ...... SOME machines had the problem and NOT ALL machines were affected ...... I have said that from the very beginning ....My susicions say that the EARLY models had the problem , but then again , NOT ALL OF THEM .....Jim

I for one would NEVER tell you that ...... SOME machines had the problem and NOT ALL machines were affected ...... I have said that from the very beginning ....My suspicions say that the EARLY models had the problem , but then again , NOT ALL OF THEM .....The fact that there were machines that DID NOT have the problem , made me realize that my machine DID have a problem ....Jim

You can read what others have to say about the falsing problem ..... To each their own .....Jim

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?79,1375428

Funny i saw it the other way. Anyone the said thy had falsing problem were blasted and
told anything from[ thats the way thy all are or thy were just saying it to hurt sales].:shrug:

I saw many saying "if you feel your AT has a problem then send it in." and the response was all have the same problem and need to band together because there is "strength in numbers."

I guess it really doesn't matter at this point. Super glad you are happy with the AT Pro now. It is a heck of a detector.

Great video Keith Southern, Did you go throught your dealer or did you contact Garrett directly to resolve the problem?

Thanks Keith for taking the time to make the video. No metal detector is the same (even within same model), so not all AT-Pros falsed. Keith you have shown that it's not normal for the AT-Pro to be so noisy. Not sure what the problem was....it doesn't appear that the solution was to reduce the sensitivity because your air test results was excellent. Keith did you purchase your corrected version AT-Pro from a dealer or directly from Garrett??? Thanks again, keep us updated on any new finds.

You better bet when I get mine next week and it falses like the first one you got did . It's heading back to Texas the same day. The distributor said they were getting a fresh set of detectors from Garrett and they got them mid week last week and shipped them out to us. So I'm hoping the new ones coming run the way your does.

Mine falses when i wiggle it and when it hits something,I was speaking to a Garrett dealer in the UK,and he insist he hasn't had any machines back for falsing.Then when i told him he would be getting some back he got stroppy.Cant say much because my last post saying UK warranty was rubbish was taken off this site,so i would say the freedom of speech is on its way out.

I'm not sure what they did to mine , but it works now .....I got the same control head back , so maybe a new coil ? ......They will not say what they did to remedy the situation .....I'm happy that it works now and that's all that matters to me ....Jim

jim, how much did it take to be repaired and took back to you? im really thinking on sending it to get it repaired, been in the water today, and there it falses more, because of the waving, it twists a bit, or if you hit sand, etc, you have to lower too much the sens, and then it works ok, but it sucks that has to be that way. Cant wait to have it working like it should.