Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got out a little Fri. & Sat. to some new field sites.

Dale(Ia)

Surprised to be able to get out in the middle of December! Friday went to a very small cabin site that is on top of a Woodland era indian site. Got the nice pottery rim shard, one button, two musketballs & the real surprise was the Fur Trade era silver triangle with the brass wire hanger still attached. This is the largest one I have ever found...........usually not over 1/4 to 1/2 inch wide!
Saturday I went down to my friend's in Missouri (actually we hunted in both Missouri & Iowa) We hit two cabin sites & didn't find much...........went to an old ghost town site where I got the Civil War era brass Enfield butt plate & he got a couple of flat buttons & a beautiful pre or early Civil War cast brass " F " hat letter.............no coins! Then went to a picnic grove site (been hunted to death!) & I got the trashed V nickel & he got an Indian & a Barber dime to finish the day.

HH! Iowa Dale

Hey those are some good keepers for Mid West December detecting.
Like that fur trade triangle, it appears to be in good condition all things considered!!!

Congratulations on the well earned finds Dale! Thanks for the pictures.

NebTrac

Great finds Dale - the Trade Silver is a really cool piece !