Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got told to leave a spot today!!

“Fear is paralyzing and courage is liberating.” Your words not mine. HH Jim
This isn’t about fear. It’s about following rules from an entity that could make your life hell.
My approach would of been asking the postal employee on duty instead of just showing up and start arguing. The approach can make your day or break it.
Good luck as I feel you are going to need it.

Well, it’s not actually stated, but with all these restrictions, that pretty much tells me not to detect there... plenty of other places to try in my opinion.
Well, it’s not actually stated, but with all these restrictions, that pretty much tells me not to detect there... plenty of other places to try in my opinion.
In my opinion if it’s not stated then it’s not against the law. And we are talking about it being against the law, right. HH Jim

This isn’t about fear. It’s about following rules from an entity that could make your life hell.
My approach would of been asking the postal employee on duty instead of just showing up and start arguing. The approach can make your day or break it.
Good luck as I feel you are going to need it.
Let me clarify, there was no arguing as we had a civil discussion and she is going to look into it for me. Jim

Let me clarify, there was no arguing as we had a civil discussion and she is going to look into it for me. Jim
Obviously, you’ve lived there long enough to have decided it was a spot to hunt. I’m with ya on that. I come from small town and I’d hit that post office yard in a second. It’s federal property but there’s nothing that says you can’t detect. Do people walk their dogs around there? Do people cut through on foot? Do kids play there? In a town that size, there ain’t no reason to make a stink about it. Maybe it needs a fence if it’s not meant to be accessible? Or maybe it needs a sign that says “no metal detecting”.

Obviously, you’ve lived there long enough to have decided it was a spot to hunt. I’m with ya on that. I come from small town and I’d hit that post office yard in a second. It’s federal property but there’s nothing that says you can’t detect. Do people walk their dogs around there? Do people cut through on foot? Do kids play there? In a town that size, there ain’t no reason to make a stink about it. Maybe it needs a fence if it’s not meant to be accessible? Or maybe it needs a sign that says “no metal detecting”.
I’ve lived here since 1959, and all the things you mentioned have taken place there. I even played on that lawn when I was a kid. HH Jim.

I've often thought about doing the lawn of our old Post office and then immediately decided against it each time . I figured what happened to you ( or worse ) would probably happen to me ( it's also close to a rough part of town ) ,

I've often thought about doing the lawn of our old Post office and then immediately decided against it each time . I figured what happened to you ( or worse ) would probably happen to me ( it's also close to a rough part of town ) ,
You might want to read the rules and regulations for conduct on postal service property as there is no rule against it and there is a link posted in these comments. As it is in a bad part of town, that would maybe dictate not going there. HH Jim

As I remember it....... there is usually a sign posted that says to the effect that all crimes committed on “this property” will be investigated by the FBI and or the Post Master General. Well, in talking with the local agent one day I learned only Federal US Code violations constituting a felony are investigated by the FBI and postal tamperings, illegal scams using postal services and the like are covered by the regional Inspector General reps. 99% sure you would be contacted by the local police and only asked to leave. But, you are right...... see what “law” they have that prohibits metal detecting, especially if you are only surface shooting (0-2”) or shallow recoveries (2-8”).
I cant tell you how many times I’ve been sent to community PO’s in response to improper postings, political signs, strange boxes, etc and no FBI guys ever showed up.......

Some young kids riding four wheelers in the snow that fell here last week knocked down my mailbox,straddled the thing and snapped it off at ground level.I didn,t see it when it happened so can,t say precisly who it was but have a good idea.City ordinance prohibits riding four wheelers,or ATV,s as some call them on city streets but no one enforces it.Went to the P.O. and related my story.They told me to put up a new mailbox or no delivery.Where,s this USPS law Enforcement agency when you need them!!!!Gotta go put up that new box now.

Some young kids riding four wheelers in the snow that fell here last week knocked down my mailbox,straddled the thing and snapped it off at ground level.I didn,t see it when it happened so can,t say precisly who it was but have a good idea.City ordinance prohibits riding four wheelers,or ATV,s as some call them on city streets but no one enforces it.Went to the P.O. and related my story.They told me to put up a new mailbox or no delivery.Where,s this USPS law Enforcement agency when you need them!!!!Gotta go put up that new box now.
That sucks , sorry to hear that.