Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gotta share this info, went to a small dog park for a short hunt and did something different after watching a video.

TRIPLE-SSS

Went to a small dog park for a short hunt and tried something different with my Legend detector. Used a small LG 24 coil, set the machine to park mode, 24 sens., ran 20KZ, recovery at 7. It was like using a different detector, the coins screamed real loud, the dept was crazy deep and hit on everything. Went to this park before with my stock coil running the multi frequency. and did not really find hardly anything. Will try agian at another park to see if I get the same results.

Now I need to try that, pretty sure our two old spits are still hiding stuff…… thanks for sharing!

Went to a small dog park for a short hunt and tried something different with my Legend detector. Used a small LG 24 coil, set the machine to park mode, 24 sens., ran 20KZ, recovery at 7. It was like using a different detector, the coins screamed real loud, the dept was crazy deep and hit on everything. Went to this park before with my stock coil running the multi frequency. and did not really find hardly anything. Will try agian at another park to see if I get the same results.
How stable were the numbers ?
Great post.

Curious for other parks results.

The only problem with changing recovery speeds is the length of the signal changes too. A quarter seems pretty wide in 1 and clipped or short in 9.
That isn't a problem at all understanding what you do. The following video will help in seeing the whole process... (sorry for pointing to a White's DFX video)...
George explains sweep speed and recovery delay (other term for recovery speed) in dependence of coil size.
Good Luck & Have Fun

What I was saying, is that, when I was in all metal with the recovery speed at one, a quarter would give a signal over 3 inches wide. When I adjusted the speed to 3, the signal was about the width of the quarter. It is about the same situation with my Vanquish 540. When in coin mode, the signal again is about the width of the quarter but in relic mode, it is much wider. On both, same coil and same sweep speed. To a person just starting up, this seems to me like it would be confusing. If they use coin mode on their Vanquish and then switch to relic mode, the quarter will sound more like a buried pop can.

@vito Good informative video. Thanks for posting it.

Triple SSS, very interesting. When I coin hunt I normally use multifrequency but sometimes switch to 4KZ hoping to find the deep high conductors. Do you think it was the higher frequency or the higher recovery speed that was making the difference for you?

That isn't a problem at all understanding what you do. The following video will help in seeing the whole process... (sorry for pointing to a White's DFX video)...
George explains sweep speed and recovery delay (other term for recovery speed) in dependence of coil size.
Good Luck & Have Fun

Interesting!

Triple SSS, very interesting. When I coin hunt I normally use multifrequency but sometimes switch to 4KZ hoping to find the deep high conductors. Do you think it was the higher frequency or the higher recovery speed that was making the difference for you?
I ran this frequency to try and locate any small gold that I might of missed using the stock coil and running the multi frequency . when I watched the video, you can see where the small gold in the 10-12 vdi #s using the stock coil and multi frequency just could not pick up those targets. Running the single frequency either at 15kz or 20kz with the smaller coil had no problem . I have not tried to run the single frequency with the stock coil, but will try it, just did not expect to get the results that I got.

Reactions: PDH