Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Great find by my......son!!!!!:clapping:

NebTrac

Last Friday I took my son out for some detecting for the first time. He was using a Pioneer 505 (Bounty Hunter) that I had. We took a 30 minute 4-wheeler ride to an old Sod House. If you can imagine when you trek that far into the Nebraska Sandhills and get to the site no one has lived at for 50+ years, its a good feeling.

Having hunted a number of houses and getting used to "Canning" lids at 8 inches, I didn't feel too optimistic. My very first signal was a '09 VDB wheat at 5". Now some of you might think that is a super sign....but to me its usually meant I won't find another coin the rest of the hunt. But today was not that day. [attachment 242500 028.JPG][attachment 242501 029.JPG][attachment 242502 030.JPG]

Ended up with 2 wheats ('09 and '55d) and the '45 war nickel. I'd been checking Tallin's signals and helping him dig. So I was pleasantly surprised when we dug up the '44s Filipinas One Centavo. Most unusual for Central Nebraska. My son was more pleased when I'd told him he had found something his dad has never found. Great Job Tallin.

[attachment 242503 026.JPG]

The last picture is of my wife cleaning out her closet.....an even more rare find than the Centavo - :devil::rofl::inlove:

Take care and thanks for lookin'!!!:goodnight:

NebTrac

Great job there Neb, That is funny that I saw Malachi dig one of those two, same coin 1944 Filipina penny! Now you are a brave man....or foolish...:stars: Tell your son congratulations!

Very nice foreign coin - congrats on some real nice finds ! :clapping:

Tell your son congrats and the wife that if she finds any Etrac accesories at the bottom of the closet send them my way!! It's like Christmas when I tear into my storage area I find stuff I forgot I had, which is kinda like finding treasure while detecting.

Neb that jab at your wife is gonna get you killed! Very risky maneuver! lol Your braver than I am! lol

Great story and find!

Hey Troy-------What a neat story, thanks for sharing.----I CAN imagine how good of a feeling it is going back into a place like that as my family lived/ranched back in those Nebraska sandhills in the old days.---Grandpa didn't give it up & come to town (retire) till he was old.--------Congratulations on that great find Tallin, that's really something to get excited about! :thumbup:------------Del

What A Great Adventure!

Nice Finds by You and your Son:thumbup:

A Father and Son Together On Adventure...PRICELESS

Congrats
Eva

Awesome day, I agree with Eva, find or no find, a day out with your son....Priceless!!
HH,
Bunker

Oh yea, how comfortable was the couch last night? :rofl:

Nice find Tallin!

Neb...I'm gonna have a talk with LuAnn the next time I see y'all...oh and the VDB is cool!

Way to go. Congrats to you and Tallin. Some of my best memories were of my dad and I metal detecting for CW relics when I was a teenager. I'm so glad that my dad got me into the hobbie, as I am still doing it 39 years later. If my dad was not living in Florida now, I would still be going out with him. Oh, and the wife was looking for your hidden treasures. Anything missing?

That's what it's all about brother::angel:

Thanks for a nice, refreshing post my friend....and congrats to your son:please: