Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Great Sunday 3 hour hunt silver quarters dimes and nickels!

Mark kus

Going back to detect a old school that I’ve pulled a lot of silver from over the past year today I went super slow and hunted more in the middle all silver was deep and hit good in one direction.
Using my equinox 2 Washington’s 1956 and 1946 two Rosies also 1946 and 1956 and a 1937 mercury.Two war nickels 1943 1942 and a token.
Also 10 wheats and a pile of clad I just cleaned $20.00 in clad yesterday!
A few junk pieces of jewelry also.
Field 2
Recovery 4
Iron 0
Sensitivity 25
Going very slow .
HH
Matk

Attachments

• 4C6CD08E-D55F-4AF2-AE6F-D20382D952DD.jpeg
    4C6CD08E-D55F-4AF2-AE6F-D20382D952DD.jpeg
    204.9 KB · Views: 114
  • 179923F7-0A65-47A7-AAF7-C94D35BFEE82.jpeg
    179923F7-0A65-47A7-AAF7-C94D35BFEE82.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 117
  • 09CB4C50-8EBB-40C0-8B6C-1683B1073AED.jpeg
    09CB4C50-8EBB-40C0-8B6C-1683B1073AED.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 114
  • E9D1917D-6FC2-4E58-87A5-D9B6D161A6AC.jpeg
    E9D1917D-6FC2-4E58-87A5-D9B6D161A6AC.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 125
Last edited:
You did well. Good for you

Going back to detect a old school that I’ve pulled a lot of silver from over the past year today I went super slow and hunted more in the middle all silver was deep and hit good in one direction.
Using my equinox 2 Washington’s 1956 and 1946 two Rosies also 1946 and 1956 and a 1937 mercury.Two war nickels 1943 1942 and a token.
Also 10 wheats and a pile of clad I just cleaned $20.00 in clad yesterday!
A few junk pieces of jewelry also.
Field 2
Recovery 4
Iron 0
Sensitivity 25
Going very slow .
HH
Matk
$20.00 in Clad....! That's a lot of digging..! Your the Man..!

Super haul on the silver!!

Thanks guys I've worn out my lesche shovel in a year and a half!!!! just got a new shovel sat I bought a predator this time.
Mark

Using my equinox
Field 2
Recovery 4
Iron 0
Sensitivity 25

Going very slow .
Mark, congratulations on your success for time well spent.

Also, 'Thank You' for including the mode and setting information. I always enjoying seeing what folks use. I presume it was the stock 11" DD coil on the Equinox, correct? Oh, and thanks for reminding readers that you'r working th site by going slow. There is a lot out there to be found that people just don't because the use a too-brisk sweep speed. Work those old places slowly and methodically and the advantage is in the searcher's favor.

I hop you can get out again with continued good fortune.

Monte

Mark, congratulations on your success for time well spent.

Also, 'Thank You' for including the mode and setting information. I always enjoying seeing what folks use. I presume it was the stock 11" DD coil on the Equinox, correct? Oh, and thanks for reminding readers that you'r working th site by going slow. There is a lot out there to be found that people just don't because the use a too-brisk sweep speed. Work those old places slowly and methodically and the advantage is in the searcher's favor.

I hop you can get out again with continued good fortune.

Monte
Thank Monte yes I use the stock 11” my friends I hunt with are surprised how well we do when I show them some tips I have a knack for finding what I call old dirt no fill.
And the nice thing about the nox is you can adjust the recovery speed which is a great feature..
Thanks again if I can help people out by posting my settings I will I do try signals in other settings see how the signal responds when I doubt let your shovel be the discriminator lol,
I just about wore out my 11/2 year old Lesche shovel digging a lot of holes! Lol
HH
Mark

Wish I could crank the sensitivity up that high, most parks you are lucky to get past 16 out here.
Hi Bob Try lowering your recovery speed then noise canceling I hunt most times at 4 recovery speed if it gets chatty repeat noise cancel that should help you to crank up sensitivity.
Mark

Hi Bob Try lowering your recovery speed then noise canceling I hunt most times at 4 recovery speed if it gets chatty repeat noise cancel that should help you to crank up sensitivity.
Mark
I've owned the equinox for almost 3 years now and have tried everything. If I go above the 16 it will sound like a machine gun with all the minerals in the dirt. Got tired of using it to hunt for nuggets, most of the area I prospect is loaded with Basalt. The ORX and GM 1000 handle the mineralized soil better. The equinox, I only use for parks anymore, and sensitivity cannot go above 16, 18 if I have a quiet park. I've moved the speed up to 6, down to 1, noise cancel every 30 min or so, no change. Currently I keep the iron bias at 2, sometimes a 3, and yes I've turned it off and things get worse.

I'm just happy that many of you can hut at higher sen. levels. I do find silvers at 7 - 10 inches with my settings, not many but a few.