Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Grey Ghost headphones (old type) for ctx3030 - Problem

robinb

I have an old type of grey ghost headphones (the ones without volume control)

The transformer on the inside was not sealed correctly and consequently has got water damaged.

Anyone know what type of transformer it is (its about 1/2 " ) ?

I need to get a replacement one

thanks

I have Delt with Detector Pro for many years and if you call them I'd bet that they will take care of this for you.In or out of warranty. The owner and Hard Core Treasure hunter is Gary Storm.

Thanks

Though the postage to send them over the pond (i am in EU) will probably be a lot more than the cost of the part.

I have several, I have removed from the GGUW so they have better audio on the Minelab Excalibur.......send me your address..if your interested, ....now these are the GGUW's correct?

Or I might suggest just taking the little coil out of the loop and wiring without. It is only used to make them universal for all detectors, like the sovereign... it will work without the coil on the CTX...and volume should be close to the same.

Was under the impression that Grey Ghosts headphones were guarantied forever. You might want to give them a shout and see if they will repair them at no cost.
They repaired a pair of GG headphones of mine for shipping costs only.
Give it a try....
Cheers
~Ben

I removed the transformer but the volume is so so quite, on the 3030 its barely audible at max volume, would be useless in any wind or with waves in background.
However on my excalibur it works fine, it must need the transformer for it to work correctly .

Do these look like anything you have...I can send what ever you want.. N/C .. maybe on the order coming if your not in a rush..

Thanks Joe

It looks like one of the blue ones with the yellow sticker on.

Yes you can send with my order..

cheers

robin...