Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Grey Ghost Underwater Phones and the CTX?

greenmeanie

I just bought a set because they are the better of the two offered out there.
But these HeadPhones are to Quite. I can barely hear them in the house never mind near the surf.
Did you guys figure out a way to make them louder?
They fit great but I BOOSTED up my Volume GAIN on the CTX to max and it didn't even seem to matter still to quite.
Want to get these working because they are comfortable and don't fall off my head like the stockers do.

And from what I have been reading the MINELAB water proofs are to quite too so I am thinking it is the CTX with the issue.

When I first started using my Gry Ghost Underwater Headphones, I felt as if they were too quite as well until I did the following: I use a Volume Gain of 23 and I increase the Volume Limit to a comfortable level so my ears will not be hurt from the volume being too loud. I then increase the Threshold Level.

When it is very windy, which is most of the time here in Corpus Christi, TX; I have had to use a very high Threshold Level as well as Volume Limit to hear target signals. I have also tried different Threshold Pitches. I hope this helps you.

GM said:
I just bought a set because they are the better of the two offered out there.
They were the best at one time, but the new king of UW Headphones "Skullies".

Here is a conversion I did for a unhappy CTX GGUW owner. If you like Sun-ray Pro Golds or Black Widows, then you will like the sound the Skullies. they are IP68......And Very easy to do , PM I can provide the parts list. Audio is more then 70% louder, allowing one to hear the faintest of faints.

From the stock 66 SPL to a screaming 102 SPL