Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ground Coin

wildherre

Over the weekend I had the opportunity to try the CTX at difficult site ..The site is a one block square vacant lot that was one a track for a old school.. The track area around the onside is thick cinders and the inner area has cinders as well in the soil.. When you stick your digger in you can feel the crunchy/gritty feeling .. Ive tried all of my old detectors and all got about the same depth, about 2-3".. I was eager to try the manual ground balance and see if it helped out.. To make a long story short, the the manual ground balance had little effect but switching to the ground coin mode made a big difference ..I can now get 5-6" at this site.. A isolated thunderstorm isolated itself right over head and keep chasing me under a tree so I loaded up and headed to my final destination but am looking forward to returning to see what Ive been missing all these years...wildherre

I have found that ground coin does indeed help considerable on depth at a couple of my very mineralized sites.The ones where suggested sensitivity runs 8-13.It also seems to help hit harder at depth on tiny targets like very small pieces of copper wire and the like.

Forgot to mention the suggest sensitivity was running from 5-7 at this place ..I ran at about 10 in manual.. Pulled several coins in the 5-6" range but nothing real old... what was weird was I pulled 3 sets of stacked coins withing a few minutes, 2 dime/penny and one penny/penny .... wildherre

I had a similar post last week. Ground coin does indeed help with tough ground conditions

I have doing some testing with Ground coin as well and the level of mineralization seems to be the key as the owners manual suggests. I must be right in the middle of the mineralization level because I could not tell any difference between Ferrous Coin and Ground Coin. Also Ground Balance doesn't seem to change things either. My next step is to start messing with the Low and High Trash settings.

Ground coin has a slower processer. I notice that there is more mulling in GC compared to FCC and HT.