Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ground settings: neutral or difficult?

vlad

(I'm an inexperienced user of the Explorer line, but am extremely fascinated by the series. Is
the E-trac more simplified than the SE, or is it so such a new detector from the SE
that it's invalid to try compare the two? To a person like myself it seems confusing. I've used a
Sovereign, which is very simple, but also very, very, SLOW.)
Must the Etrac be set in one ground condition or the other, or can it just automatically
track and cancel ground minerals? I did note that the speed of the detector can be set to fast or slow;
is this "recovery speed", or something different?
Also, what is the advantage of having a second set of numbers for ferrous i.d.? Doesn't the
target i.d. number as you would read it on say, an MXT, F-75, or GTi-2500 account for the ferrous
nature of a target when they give a target i.d. number, or does the E-trac readout i.d. in a non-linear fashion?
For example, if you have a Walking Liberty [silver] half, which is extremely conductive, why would
there be a ferrous number at all?:stars:

Must the Etrac be set in one ground condition or the other, or can it just automatically
track and cancel ground minerals?

It is auto ground balance like the Sovereign. You have to noise cancel for electrical interference but it is just the press of a button.

I did note that the speed of the detector can be set to fast or slow;
is this "recovery speed", or something different?

I'm not really sure. It seem's to affect the audio but it probably affects swing speed too. The audio seems a little longer to me with fast off. I like it on.

Also, what is the advantage of having a second set of numbers for ferrous i.d.? Doesn't the
target i.d. number as you would read it on say, an MXT, F-75, or GTi-2500 account for the ferrous
nature of a target when they give a target i.d. number, or does the E-trac readout i.d. in a non-linear fashion?
For example, if you have a Walking Liberty [silver] half, which is extremely conductive, why would
there be a ferrous number at all?

Someone else can probably answer this much better but for me it is just more information, it especiall helps to ID iron which may false. Between the two numbers, the crosshairs, and the QM screen... and pinpoint, and the audio...it makes figuring out a target easier most of the time. The more info the better.

It is simply a great machine that is a pleasure to use. It is the Mercedes Benz of detectors.
Julien