Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Guitar and Indian artifacts

boneykid

Currently play a Gibson SG electric and a Martin acoustic. Play mostly the blues since about 1973. Also, working on the Director of Finances/wife and trying to convince her I need/want a 1995 Gibson Nighthawk. Have hunted Indian artifacts since 1966 and started buying artifacts around 1984. Nothing like finding a several thousand year old stone tool.

I use to search the plowed fields after each rain, found lots of arrowheads. Over the years, I have found arrowheads on the ranches down here in South Texas. I made some shadow boxes for hanging on the wall, displaying some of the arrowheads that I have found. It has been a great hobby. Kelley (Texas) :)

Been playing guitar since I was 8 years old. Played in many bands from 1969 to 1989. Country to metal. Now I have a studio in my house and just record on my own. Some of my stuff is on Kompoz KOMPOZ

My guitars

all-guitars-1.jpg

My favorite a 2006 Gibson Les Paul Standard Premium Plus.

LP-2006-out11.jpg

I think every boy growing up, and as adults, We would really like to come across such items. The thrill at the moment of the find, is always special! Like detecting..

Here is one I used for a long time. Had it made for me at Gibson in the early 1990's when ran a guitar service center. Les Paul Custom, with Bigsby tail piece, super humbucker in bridge position.
I just recently sold it. It was a fine guitar even though it's heavy.

Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill and Southwind, you guys are killing me looking at your guits. I gave a friend of mine my '66 Fender Mustang for doing some work on my house, with the option of first shot at it if he ever got rid of it. He got rid of it. I never got first shot. Now I wanna kill him. :) Anyway, nice looking flock of guitfiddles.

Some of my most relaxing, enjoyable times have been out stomping the fields for arrowheads, Kelley. Do you find much of the Alibates flint in your part of Texas ?

found up in the Texas and Oklahoma panhandle area. I do have several Clovis Points that appear to have been made from the Alibates flint that I found in West Texas many, many years ago. On occasion you will find an indian point in this area that appears to be Alibates flint, and that can be because Indians traded flint to Indians in low flint producing areas. Like you, some of my best times were out in the fields looking for arrowheads. Kelley (Texas) :)

someday i'd like to be performing again but detecting has really got hooked though but someday will have a beautiful gretch country gentleman, love to play rockabilly music and old surf

A very early Mustang, somewhere around 66, was my second Fender I purchased, (first was a Dual-Sonic). I held on to it for a long time. Went through 2 brothers learning guitar with it before I sold it.

Mr. Bill

I have been playing guitar for about 60 yrs, (real old fart :)). I have owned them all. The quality of Carvin instruments is as good as it comes.
Photo of one of my Custom Carvin guitars. A model AE-185. Active electronics on the mag. pickups, L.R. Baggs Piezo in the bridge saddles. Stereo wiring output, acoustic, magnetic, or a blend of both types of pickups.

Enjoy, ask questions. I would love to talk about my musical instruments. :clapping:

Bill

Yeah, but with all that equipment, can you play " Smoke on the Water ".:rofl: I wanna come to your house, Mr. Bill. :)

WOW! That sure blows my Fender STARcaster out of the water lol. Amazing guitar, and to be playing for 60 years, you're a legend :super:

I like playing rhythm. I'm no Chet Atkins, so rhythm was the way I went. :)

What Fender acoustic/electric do you have ? A while back I remember them making a thin line acoustic like a Telle, with piezo's in it. I though it was nice for $$.

Bill

n/t

I used to own a 66' Gibson 335 semi hollow Jazz when I was younger and sold it like a fool! Man I wish I had that AX today it would be worth a small fortune!