Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Guy with First Texas says new machines coming possibly later this year.

There's one section of that video that has all the info I wanted.
-impulse AQ this summer, followed by a gold/relic version for land
-several weeks into field testing a single freq. wireless machine that's faster and deeper than f75. No name yet-targeted at simplex is my guess
-all 16 engineers currently involved with developing a multi frequency vlf machine

THERES A FIRE BURNING AT FT BABY

I hope the bring something with newer technology....... I would love to spend my money on Detectors made in the USA. Three other brands are leading the way as of now.
I agree with this is so many ways. It REALLY needs to be cutting edge. It’s been so long since the t2/f75, I hope this new platform is using totally new tech and not something they’ve been working on for 6 years. It has to be 2021 level electronics to surpass what’s out there, most of which came to light in 2018.

Hopefully it won’t get delayed for years like the aq was...
I’m pretty clueless about the inner workings of detector development, but I would have to say the impulse was probably a little different being that it is a joint effort with the original designer and so he is involved with it which takes more time. I think of the impulse as one of those exotic cars that are one-off productions of extreme styling or performance. It’s msrp reflects the extreme development.

These new machines, like past models would hopefully be designed right there by their own folks. The fact that the one machine is being tested for several weeks is an awesome bit of news. That means is way further along than paper stage.

The multi machine sounds like it’s sucking up the resources currently

I think of the impulse as one of those exotic cars that are one-off productions of extreme styling or performance. It’s msrp reflects the extreme development.
If you are at the right swim hole or two the exotic beast is likely to pay for itself in very short order. ;-)

If you are at the right swim hole or two the exotic beast is likely to pay for itself in very short order. ;-)
This is true.... I’m not much of a water hunter.... yet. I should be, there’s more water than land here!!!

This is true.... I’m not much of a water hunter.... yet. I should be, there’s more water than land here!!!
Cold water swim holes can be great. Fingers shrink in the cold and rings fly off. Currently or formerly popular swim holes can be very productive. If you do start to get into the water, research some old historic swim places and you just might be very surprised ... as long as some one else hasn't been heavily detecting it first. My local swim hole doesn't produce much now, but when I first got in the water about 14 years ago, it quickly gave me finds that have paid for all the detectors I have bought to date. The rest of the swimming holes have all been gravy and provide the enjoyment of the hunt, even if not as productive.

First somewhat positive inkling that something fresh may be on the horizon. They are a big company, just need to give some priority to the hobby division. HH Jim tn
i agree! !...they do have financial wallop, and dave johnson and crew are ''top shelf!"
everything's in "skunk works" now, see ya in the spring!..just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

How old is Dave Johnson? The started designing detectors in 1981, 40 years ago. Is he in his 70's by now , and retired?

It's the 90 year anniversary for Fisher. A Fisher F90 in the works ? Maybe something entirely new.

ow old is Dave Johnson? The started designing detectors in 1981, 40 years ago. Is he in his 70's by now , and retired?
Thought I saw somewhere that Dave was pretty much retired. He used to chime in on the F T forums from time to time, mostly just to set speculations straight, but haven't seen a post of his now for quite a while. HH Jim tn