Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Half and fishscale

These are the Half and fishscale I found over the last two weekends.
HH and enjoy the weather!

Thanks;
I found it at a park in a small community that was est. in 1830. The park was built in the last 20 years but used to be an old homesite. The park had been hit hard by other detectorists around, who were leaving the pennies. This rang in with a signal of a wheat cent, and it marked 8" on the depth meter - it was only about 5" actual depth but I was happy! One of the tips that I've learned on this forum is "You never know unless you dig!"
HH
MM

Hi Mattockman;
Honestly I don't know, but I believe it is because of the small size of it. It is only 15mm (19/32") diameter and very thin, the Merc dime for example is 17.5mm diameter and almost twice as thick.
HH
MM

At my brother's farm which has been in his wife's family since the late 1800's. In this field last year I have found a number of civil war bullets, two Civil War tokens, musketballs, a dateless Coronet Cent (1816-1839), and a draped bust cent (extremely poor condition). The crazy part of it all is that this property is in Canada! I have found more old US coinage than Canadian coinage there.
HH
MM

That is one Coin I would love to pop out of the ground, a Seated Half Dollar. She's in terrific shape still for how old she is. Congrats on that Fishscale also. Those are always fun to find! Continued Success, Good Luck and HH.:thumbup: