Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hard to see display ...

Willee - Texas

My E-trac has a dim and hard to see display even using the back light.
Have tried master reset with no improvement.
Adjusted the contrast and that dont help either.
It just appears to be dim and hard to see even in sunlight.
Kinda like the plastic over the screen was becoming less transparent and blocking it.

Anyone else have a dim display?

This can actually happen...kinda like the plastic headlight housings on a car getting all funny and opaque. Not much to be done,but if you’re a “numbers guy” there is a way to expand the screen like on the Explorers and CTX. You won’t get all of the features on the screen but the main Smartfind screen or numbers will be a lot bigger....

First off, extreme heat (locked in trunk or interior) or extreme cold will do this to your screens, especially the heat as most of us "ever ready" hunters carry our machines in our vehicles all the time. I do, but I cover my machine with a small section of thermal blanket (cotton) then cover with an old insulated flannel shirt. It has a tendency to keep my machine a little bit cooler between uses. ..........NGE

What I mean by extreme cold is, us northerners sometimes hunt in below freezing temperatures, as long as the ground is not super frozen. Plus the cold will kill your batteries quicker. Like when I am out doing my other hobby, photography. I put those shake and heat packs in a piece of cloth and put them in my camera bag. With your detector, if you don't know where your battery pack is located in your machine (non-removable) rechargeable (s). Find it and tape or put a couple hand warmer packs in an old sock, and place around or tape to the area where the batteries are. Works great for my Etrac.