Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Has anyone here simply called Minlab to get the answers to all of the unanswered questions we all seem to have??? :shrug: :poke:

Hi Erik
I sent an email off to Minelab in Australia asking them to explain to me the reasoning behind the ferrous 12 issue and so far I havent had any response. I'll let you know if I get anything. I dont have an E-Trac yet but am hoping to get one. I use my Explorer SE in ferrous tones so Im just really curious why they didnt expand the ferrous range like they expanded the conductive range.
Later
RonL

"We know as much as them at this point", maybe Vegas should forward their calls to Ray in MO:lmfao:

they did waht they did and then get back to us. Giving you an answer like doesn't give you much confidence in the company!

HH

Beachcomber

they are not sure of all that it will do or what all the best settings are for every situation. I am glad to have the ET and I am REALLY glad that all of you are here and posting what you figure out.

I guess Minelab could have stalled the release of the ET and done more and more testing and more tweaking but, being a business, maybe they were in a place where they had to get some return for all the resources that poured into development of the ET and are, for better or worse, counting on us to help figure the detector out.

I say let me have it !!!! So far I like it, I like it a lot and I really think that in some months the ET will be truly incredible. Some seem to have already developed a "knack", I am still trying. It certainly seem's to be more stable at higher sens and more able to handle faster swinging.

Yeah, ML could have written a better manual but we have what we have. I bet Andy's book will help answer some more questions, but not the one that asks why the mapped to 12. ML is going to have to answer that one and for some reason they do not seem to be ready to do it, or no one has asked the right person.

Maybe I will try making a call to Australia this PM...

Now, I am off to the park!

Julien