Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Has anyone put together a cheat cheat for american coins and their corresponding numbers on the Legend?

Guvner

Administrator
Staff member
Please post it here if you have one...
Thanks... Guvner...

It can add , multiple quarters sem to climb the scale from the 50 to 51 area up to the mid 50s
dimes are 46 pennies 45
nickles 25 , 26
Zincs are it's real weak point runnig anywhere from 35 up to 42 depending on the dirt and my dirt is very alkaline being mostly decomposed granite in an arid environment. That lack of ID in the zinc range is areal drawback NM needs to refine. There are lots of good targets there and most people who know their machiines can leave the zincs in the ground so they are worse than the bottle caps.. Small silver rings and chains fall in that range as well as some big gold which stand out nicely with the etrac and CTX but not so with the Legend or the NOX. Deus 1 was better than than either of those for targets in that range but still not as good as the BBS or FBS machines.

Why does the legend have compressed VDI's? doesn't it narrow down notching capabilities!?

I agree with the numbers posted above with the 11” coil. BUT the 6” coil threw several 46s at me that ended up nickels. Not sure if thats the coil doing that or the G mode in Park that HistoryRevisted posted. I still need to get out where more coins are and see if this is consistent or just a fluke where I was.

I get the feeling Nokta is working on improving the TID resolution on the Legend. I'm still running V1.08 & most sites I hunt have funky soil so the TIDs are not text book but the tones are accurate even at depth.
I expect the next update to have several solid performance improvements. Their dedication to keep pushing the capabilities of this machine is wonderful. Some may doubt or even laugh, but I'm sure XP and Minelab are paying close attention to a very real competitor.

I get the feeling Nokta is working on improving the TID resolution on the Legend. I'm still running V1.08 & most sites I hunt have funky soil so the TIDs are not text book but the tones are accurate even at depth.
I expect the next update to have several solid performance improvements. Their dedication to keep pushing the capabilities of this machine is wonderful. Some may doubt or even laugh, but I'm sure XP and Minelab are paying close attention to a very real competitor.
I agree , they have got the others companies on there toes , I'm gonna wait till next year before I get it. Probably around March, let them get the bugs out of it .

NM burns the first 10 ID numbers on iron , I think that's a mistake or an assumption that every detectorist hunts only in "carpets of iron". I've not used a detector that crowds zinc pennies into copper pennies like the Legend. One number one tone , barely , and little tonal distinction from 35 to 41. Very annoying.

I agree , they have got the others companies on there toes , I'm gonna wait till next year before I get it. Probably around March, let them get the bugs out of it .
Bugs? Like ? Or just not to your liking?
Every detector no matter what model, brand people will have something to say and we can go down the list.. I think its already proven well worth the money just sayin

They have speaker issues on some, but I have the simplex. Really like it, I'm not knocking nokta thats just my decision to hold off .

They have speaker issues on some, but I have the simplex. Really like it, I'm not knocking nokta thats just my decision to hold off .
Don’t blame you. It’s just me for the money its great imo and will deal with any of those minor bugs if they ever happen at this point. Better than not using anything at all that i liked.
Not knocking ML either but for me forking out $1600 i think i will wait for bugs to get worked out which with no release date yet will probably be another year at least. Prepaying $1600 is definitely a hard pass at this point.
But to each his own. If that amount was pennies to me I would probably look at it different. Don’t get me wrong I respect your feelings

With the Legend, my rule is just dig everything over 40, skipping 60. There is no way to ID coins like one can with the Etrac. Not knocking the machine, it just is what it is. Too bad they didn't convert the Iron and Conductive bar graphs to numbers.

Dug a war nic at 28. A merc at 53.

NM burns the first 10 ID numbers on iron , I think that's a mistake or an assumption that every detectorist hunts only in "carpets of iron". I've not used a detector that crowds zinc pennies into copper pennies like the Legend. One number one tone , barely , and little tonal distinction from 35 to 41. Very annoying.
Im pretty sure today, and especially in the past, Europe was a bigger customer for them than the US. So theres every likelyhood they built the machine to be used in "carpets of iron".

With the Legend, my rule is just dig everything over 40, skipping 60. There is no way to ID coins like one can with the Etrac. Not knocking the machine, it just is what it is. Too bad they didn't convert the Iron and Conductive bar graphs to numbers.

Dug a war nic at 28. A merc at 53.
If the Etrac were a little bit lighter, it would be a tough machine to beat for the money…It had plenty of choices in audio and visual, and for a digital machine there is plenty of nuances to help you figure out targets…It’s still one of my favorite machines….Like a lot of companies that are out there today, they have to cut corners to be competitive…I’d like to see a broader vid scale myself…Sometimes you get tired of digging pennies all day…..It’s bad enough that gold comes in like pull tabs…

If the Etrac were a little bit lighter, it would be a tough machine to beat for the money…It had plenty of choices in audio and visual, and for a digital machine there is plenty of nuances to help you figure out targets…It’s still one of my favorite machines….Like a lot of companies that are out there today, they have to cut corners to be competitive…I’d like to see a broader vid scale myself…Sometimes you get tired of digging pennies all day…..It’s bad enough that gold comes in like pull tabs…
I wish some of the older machines were just lighter, then no need to even upgrade lol

Could you imagine how many ETRAC Lites that would sell if they took the standard ETRAC and compressed it into a Nox size and weight package.?? Don’t make any operational features different!! Exact Audio .They would fly off the shelves!!! ETRAC 2 or Lite .

Could you imagine how many ETRAC Lites that would sell if they took the standard ETRAC and compressed it into a Nox size and weight package.?? Don’t make any operational features different!! Exact Audio .They would fly off the shelves!!! ETRAC 2 or Lite .
I wish they made a waterproof sovereign gt light.
they would probably fly off the shelves.
But then again everyone has their opinion of the perfect detector.
Ive said if they tried to please everyone there would be about 10,000 models of detectors lol