Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Having fun in the fields

mclucky

Got out sun. for a while working a cornfield found a nice 1/2 dime...also have a"coin in a clod"that was found in the same field that last months 2 cent piece came from. So have decided to have a little contest...closest guess to actual year of the "coin in a clod".Club members only...have your guesses in by 5:00pm on the 29th of November...1 guess per member...will open the "coin in a clod" at November meeting on the 30th.Winner will get a silver quarter. good luck!

on the coin guess and congratulations on the half dime Steve, if I remember right it is a 1853 and the picture does not show very well but I saw it and it is a beauty, a strong full Liberty...........:clapping:

With the added info I changed my guess.

Copper, silver, nickel???? What, no hint? LOL I'll have to guess an 1867 on the clod coin. Congrats on some great finds. Daryl

Oh yeah, great looking half dime! As for the coin in the clod....... I'll say 1889. Nice finds Steve! HH, Nancy

It's not silver....and I don't think it's nickel.....was reading 52 on vdi on the xlt.

n/t

Since Larry and Nancy are both guessing that this coin is an Indian Head and have hedged their bets by taking the two most common dates from the IH era, I will follow suit and guess 1865. Not the most common of the remaining possibilities, but still common and yet a important year in U.S. history.

Nice work Steve.

Has to be a bronze Indian Cent so I guess the year is 1864.

n/t

MIGHT be a good guess Larry.....as a 69 and a 64L have come from this same field.......wonder what it is?????

Your the only one who's gone with a wheat Dennis......interesting!

i'll try 1857. can the coin be seen in the clod. i can't make it out

Here's a second wheatie guess, 1925
Capt Ron