Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Headphone Adapter

RLOH

I got a headphone adapter for Xmas for a backup to the wireless phones. I hooked it up today and it does not work. The manual (page 5:geek: states" screw in adapter and headphone icon will appear on upper right screen" I am not getting the icon, nor are my wired phones working. Has anyone used the adapter and if so, what might I be doing wrong? Thanks Ray

So I will start with questions are you hooking it to the wireless module or the detector? The headphones must be wired correctly for the detector to recognize them and work. The wireless doesn't care if they are wired correctly or not so they should work. Some headphones have switches to change stereo mono. You basically need a set that are Minelab compatible.
HH Jeff

So I will start with questions are you hooking it to the wireless module or the detector? The headphones must be wired correctly for the detector to recognize them and work. The wireless doesn't care if they are wired correctly or not so they should work. Some headphones have switches to change stereo mono. You basically need a set that are Minelab compatible.
HH Jeff
I tried plugging my adapter directly into the dectector wouldn't work,I then plugged adapter into the module,success.

Not sure but when I had a adapter for my xterra to make 1/8 inch jack headphones work. I had to get a stereo jadapter. I bought a mono adapter first and it would not work.

HH Jeff
Jeff, I am hooking it to the detector. I am using gray ghost phones. They do have a stereo mono switch, but there is no difference when I move the switch.

Just got an adapter. Will play with it to see how it works. I bought two 1/4 to 1/8 adapters and got a no go.

Jeff, I am hooking it to the detector. I am using gray ghost phones. They do have a stereo mono switch, but there is no difference when I move the switch.
They need to be minelabs wiring for the detector to recognize them. Did you try your wireless module? If they don't work there then something is at fault.

I bought a Minelab headphones adapter when I had the 600. Didn’t work in the machine at all. Had a module from a equinox 800, plugged the adapter in there and it worked. Minelabs headphone adapter is faulty if you want to use it on just the machine,don’t know why but it is.