Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

headphone jack for CTX to Grey Ghost

utahshovelhead

Hey all,
I have a favorite pair of Grey Ghost headphones that I want to run on the 3030. As you probably already know the jack for them is such that it will allow the outside speaker to work and the head phones at the same time. I do not want to purchase another set of headphones and do not like the stock set.

I went to Radio shack to find an adapter jack that changes that but none of them worked, they only know mono and stereo and neither of them do the trick.

Can anyone out there tell me what the specific adapter jack is and where I can find one? I see the picture and explaination of why now I need to know what brand and model or some description of who makes it and where to find it.

any response would be appreciated.

BTW...I just got my 3030 4 days ago, experimenting a total of 4 hours with it, found a silver ring today and some 7-8 inch wheat pennies, with nails in the holes with them.
Im excited to work with it in some of my spots but Ill wait till Im getting a good handle on it.

Thanks,

Here is the link in the resource forum that explains this and how to build a adapter cord, I built a cord and love it. http://www.findmall.com/read.php?86,1729960,1729960#msg-1729960

The cord I think is the best solution. As far as the Radio Shack plug you need a mono to stereo plug. HH :minelab:

Your Grey Ghosts should work fine with the wireless module though.

Ok , I found the Stereo (grey ghost jack) to Mono CTX female jack adapter at Radio shack the second time. It cost 24 cents as it was on close out. LOL

Ive had the Grey Ghost for some time and am very used to the control, fit and sound of them. Im so glad I did not have to order a new set.

Thanks for your advice. BTW the Grey Ghost that I have are a 1/4 jack with the L shape so with the adapter they do not stick way out the back but instead turn toward the side.