Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Headphone volume control

I use killer bee hornets and like them very much. I was wondering if turning the volume control all the way up, so I could adjust the threshold volume down, would be advantageous? If the target volume has to exceed the threshold level to give an audio signal, wouldn't this help with deeper targets?

I must not understand what you are wanting to try. It sounds like you are willing to blow your eardrums out for an extra 1/8 of an inch of depth.........:shrug:

I think you would be better off to crank the sensitivity and or run in mixed mode. Jmo. I know they have a limiter but aren't the hornets designed more for people hard of hearing to begin with?

From the Killer Bee web site.....

Your headphones are constructed using quality parts and will offer many years of dependable service if properly taken care of.
Use only enough volume to allow you to comfortably hear the detector. On detectors with built in volume, set the headphones at max volume and use the detector volume to control loudness.
The yellow toggle switch near the cord strain relief is the mode switch. One of the two positions will allow the phones to be used with almost any detector brand. Certain models have black switches, this is the limiter circuit. Down for on, up for off.