Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

headphone volume fix, anyone done it?

spdnj

Just wondering if anyone got their headphone volume issue addressed with the new firmware. If so how long did White's have the machine? Also how is it and what volume can you go down to now?
Thx

I was going to hop on getting the volume fix but have got used to the way it is now.
I read somewhere here what is was they did for the fix. I think it would allow a 20dB reduction in volume in 2dB increments - I'm probably (most likely) wrong but this is what comes to mind. Anyway there was something posted here in this Findmall section.

I'm also wondering if anyone has tried the plug in headphones - specifically the RatPhone MSA.
For plug in, I also have the regular RatPhone and SunRay Gold Pro - but haven't used any plug in headphones on the Vision yet.

The volume is fixed on the V3 as well as the loud power up on the headphones as well. I hunted with a couple of guys today with the fixed audio ver. 1.1 and from what I heard it is a lot nicer. The units still had the Vision logo though. I would have thought they would have came with the V3 logo.

I have used the SunRay Gold's on my unit and they work just fine Tab. I sure like going cordless though.

I really enjoy the wireless 'feel' when in brushy areas. It's just enjoyable.

However, I have spend a lot of time using my Killer B Wasp (same as SunRay Pro Gold) as I've been working with the Vision and an XLT and XL Pro in the fields doing so side-by-side hunting. That way I just switch the headphones and am not changing that component of the tests.

The Vision will say Vision for at least a while until they get the graphic decal's done up to stick on them.

Monte

Monte said:
I really enjoy the wireless 'feel' when in brushy areas. It's just enjoyable.

However, I have spend a lot of time using my Killer B Wasp (same as SunRay Pro Gold) as I've been working with the Vision and an XLT and XL Pro in the fields doing so side-by-side hunting. That way I just switch the headphones and am not changing that component of the tests.

The Vision will say Vision for at least a while until they get the graphic decal's done up to stick on them.

Monte
I am under the impression that they are not decals, and cannot be changed to the new look??? someone please advise if I am mistaken!!!!! thanks

The Vision is painted on it is not a sticker. The rainbow is a sticker. To get the new sticker on they could just take the rainbow off but the Vision they would have to sand off. It just would look good if they did not sand it. I for one do not want a sticker over my Vision. I love it as Vision and it's going to stay that way.
They can send me the sticker and I will put it on my bumper on my car.
As for the headphone. The headphone are not a problem for me. It is loud when you loud power up 'turn-on' audio volume and you power down. After that it is fine. Don't put them ON or leave them around your neck till it powers up about 10 sec. Then the volume will be fine after that. Make sure you take the off before you shut down and you won't have a problem. These headphone are no different then my cell phone's bluetooth when it turns on. If you have it in your
ear and turn it on you will get a high tone blasted in your ear.

Eagle 1

CarlNC corrected that above. Once the screened housings are used up, the next runs will be screened Spectra V3. Same detector though.

Monte

I just received my UPDATED VISION today. It is great, audio adjust from 38 - 69. It took 11 days in all to get the adjustments completed. The new ver. level is now 1.1.