Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

headphones

patch

hi gang. My headphones busted today.looking to get either(sun ray pro gold or killer bees) which is better in your opinions>my detector is a cz-5. which is lighter? thank you.

From what I read both are very good headphones. I use the Killer B II's. I get good quality sound with them and they cut the outside noise quite well. I am sure the the Sunray Pro Gold are just as good.

The Sunray Pro Gold's are nice headphones, but I don't like the thin leather ear cup covers. Mine started developing small holes after only about 4 hours use and I was very careful with them being so expensive.
I'm using dual volume control Killer B's now and like them a lot. They have very good sound on my Vaquero and Tejon. Truthfully, I would buy a pair of 32 ohm Calrads and save some money. The Calrads I have owned in
the past sounded fine to me and lasted for several years. I used them on my CZ5 with very good results. If you are good with electronics you could build a set of high quality headphones for well under 50 bucks that would be every bit as good
as the expensive headphones on the market now..........Roger

Sunray pro golds are vary good you will love them

I have both (and others) and I prefer the Sun Ray Pro Gold. Can't remember how long ago I bought them (want to say 5 or 6 years or so) and have had no issues with them. For my melon, they are comfortable. I almost always use them - exception is the V3i I use the wireless headphones.

joe dirt_1 said:
The Sunray Pro Gold's are nice headphones, but I don't like the thin leather ear cup covers. Mine started developing small holes after only about 4 hours use and I was very careful with them being so expensive.
I'm using dual volume control Killer B's now and like them a lot. They have very good sound on my Vaquero and Tejon. Truthfully, I would buy a pair of 32 ohm Calrads and save some money. The Calrads I have owned in
the past sounded fine to me and lasted for several years. I used them on my CZ5 with very good results. If you are good with electronics you could build a set of high quality headphones for well under 50 bucks that would be every bit as good
as the expensive headphones on the market now..........Roger
If the ear cups went bad with that little use then just send them back for repair.
I've bought two sets USED off the forum and used both sets for over a year now (I gave one set to my brother) and the ear cups are PERFECT!
The killers bees cups are plastic!
The Sunrays are leather.

Mark

SunRay Golds for me......:thumbup:

I just checked the ear cups on my SunRays and they still look like new after all the years. Some of the gold color lettering thought is gone.

I like the new Whites ProStar headphones. They are very durable and isolate very well and is comparable to the Grey Ghosts ones I used to have and they come with a lifetime warranty!