Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

HELP-CTX stuck on start screen

Auric

I set down the CTX to dig a plug and when I picked it back up it had shut down. I hit the start button and did not get the familiar start up tones and the screen is stuck on the start screen - it just say Minelab and will not go past it. Only the power button is responsive. I switched battery packs, recharged the lithium battery (which had plenty of charge when it shut down), and left the unit with no battery pack connected for several hours. All with no luck. When connected to XChange the computer does not recognize the CTX. Anyone else had this problem or have any ideas how to solve? I hate the thought of having to send in as I am going to be attending Andy's boot camp next weekend and doubt if I could get the unit back in time for it. HELP,

have you tried doing a factory reset?

Yes. Have timed myself holding to power button for up to 3 minutes and will not go past the start screen. Andy Sabisch suggested disconnecting the coil cable in case of a short in the coil and still could not get to the reset menu. I also disconnected and reconnected the control unit and tried again- still no luck. I am not a computer guy, but have a little experience, and it seems like the software is stuck in an endless loop and cannot advance? When it went down it was sitting level on a dry lawn and the unit has never (yet) been used in or near water, and always stored indoors, so I also don't think an environmental factor messed it up. It is the current model as I got it for Christmas, 2016 and Wisconsin winters prevented much use till March - only about 40-50 hours on the machine.

In warranty so you cant open it up.
You can try shock and vibe or thermal to see if something makes connection again.
Maybe try a different coil in case yours has a short. Leave it in the sun to heat up?
Cycle phones plug in the jack.
Turn off gps and wifi...
Try all your options....all you can do.

Tried everything and it is now on its way to Minelab service. Special thanks to Jamie at Minelab for getting me a loaner for boot camp this weekend and expediting the repair to get back to me in time for a trip out east with my son in June!

Auric said:
Tried everything and it is now on its way to Minelab service. Special thanks to Jamie at Minelab for getting me a loaner for boot camp this weekend and expediting the repair to get back to me in time for a trip out east with my son in June!

Nice service! :thumbup: