Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Help! Detector quit

JoeH

While hunting today my MXT kinda went crazy. Display went out, made strange noises then came back on and worked ok. That happend two time then it went out totally. Display does not work and it makes crazy sounds. Any idea on what this might be and how much to fix if I send it in? Any help would be appreciated. I have no warranty.

Have you ever used any other battery pack or supply other than the factory 8 AA pack? After the problem happened, have you tried fresh batteries? I wonder if you could rule out certain issues by disconnecting the coil and pinpointer, if attached, just to see if the screen works. If it still acts the same the problem must be electrical, email or call Whites for repair costs. http://whiteselectronics.com/info/contacts.html

White's Electronics
Steve Howard
1011 Pleasant Valley Rd
Sweet Home, Oregon 97386
showard@whiteselectronics.com
www.whiteselectronics.com

Thats the info from their website.

I hope it doesnt cost much to fix!

Have only used factory battery pack. Batteries are almost new. Tried to unplug coil and turn on, nothing. No screen dislay or sound.

Try turning your machine on and while it's on, take the battery pack and leave it out for a minute or less. Then turn your machine off. Put the battery pack back in and see if the computer resets itself. HH, Nancy

Sometimes the battery contacts get pushed down to far from use and they do not make a solid contact with the battery. Try to get a screwdriver or a hooked wire in there and lift the contacts up a little bit for a better contact with the battery pack. If that does not help, it is time for the service center. You might try calling the factory tomorrow and see what they might suggest and they can also tell you what the going rate is on repairs. Good luck.

Nancy,
I owe you a steak dinner. It worked. I was freakng out. Thanks a bunch.

You are so welcome. I'm happy it worked for you and keep it in mind in case it happens again. Joe, I like my steak rare! :devil: Keep us posted on your finds and HH, Nancy

I hope I remember this if I have the same problem! So cool to see a broken MXT able to fix itself. :-D

Yes by rebooting it totally fixed the problem. Went hunting yesterday and had no problems.

:clapping: YEAH!!!!! How did you do hunting? Find any goodies? HH, Nancy