Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Help for a detector in the $200 range

Smigo

Hi everyone. Have been a member here for many years but have been inactive for several. But as I got a new phone and new email, could not for the life of me recall my old email or password, had to rejoin.
I am from Australia. But I have a good friend there in the US who is thinking of delving into the world of metal detecting. Just thinking of starting out.
He was looking at this one, I know nothing about it
RM Ricomax GC-1037
Is it ok? Or are there others in that range that are better? Would very much appreciate any info I can pass on to him.
He will be looking for coins and relics and wants one with pinpoint mode.
Thanks in advance.

Like Reply
Select for moderation Report

So I signed up and pulled the trigger on the RM Ricomax GC-1037. Reviews are good and to get me feet wet so to speak should fit my requirements nicely.

Just out of curiosity???? Are swap cards still a big hobby in Australia or do you know?
Hi. The mods here helped me get my old user name going and password.
Im not sure about swap cards. I do though see Aussie Rules football cards on the shelf at the supermarket checkouts so I guess they are still a hobby to some. You dont see the amount on shelves though like you used to.

Have to go with the Simplex also
Hi. He pulled the trigger on the Ricomax.
There seems to be a lot of new machines I haven't heard of now. I used to do a lot of relic hunting here but just go for yellow these days.
Cheers though for the reply. Out of curiosity ill have a look at that simplex. 👍

Hi. He pulled the trigger on the Ricomax.
There seems to be a lot of new machines I haven't heard of now. I used to do a lot of relic hunting here but just go for yellow these days.
Cheers though for the reply. Out of curiosity ill have a look at that simplex. 👍
I Simplex is a high gain detector which makes it a deep seeker but you have to put up with EMI in places if there if heavy power lines
It also like to chatter.
The EMI & chatter is easy to over come once you start using the detector.
I just looked at the Ricomax line
The simplex + will smoke any Ricomax detector
Ricomax detectors are toys.
Hate to be harsh but it true.

I Simplex is a high gain detector which makes it a deep seeker but you have to put up with EMI in places if there if heavy power lines
It also like to chatter.
The EMI & chatter is easy to over come once you start using the detector.
I just looked at the Ricomax line
The simplex + will smoke any Ricomax detector
Ricomax detectors are toys.
Hate to be harsh but it true.
The Simplex sounds good. My last coin relic detector was an Equinox 800. I liked it and it but was mainly for my misses to use. But she ended up not being able to use it after she broke her wrist and they set it wrong.
I just wasn't using it much at all, prefering my GPX 5000 so sold it.

@u2robert
Hi. Ahh, a Nokta. Heard good things about Nokta. The Simplex sure gives you bang for your buck by the looks of it. Very much in design like my Equinox. Shame they dont make longer shaft options. The Equinox was way too short for me so I got an aftermarket GPX longer shaft and made it fit.
But yeah, the simplex looks good. 👍

I wouldnt throw out a Fisher F5, good for coins and especially silver. Right price too.

Got a quest x5 for my nephew.A lot of machine for the price. x10 has even more optionsThis Chinese co.seems to make a good product.Their q series has the best shaft configuration on the market (going to have to check out new x10 at 13khz as a backup)