Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Help me choose a pinpointer.

I know this is an older post...but a lot of people ask this question.
I have used many pin pointers.....and the one that I have right now.... is the Vibraprobe 585.
It is PI. It is unidirectional with only the tip being able to detect unlike so many others that have detection along the whole shaft. I have fought so many other pin pointers that were detecting the side of the detector and made it a much longer process.
I also like the way it notifies you...with vibration. When wearing headphones, it is nice to be able to feel the vibes instead of trying to hear them. It is also great underwater where beeping can be problematic. It is waterproof to 100 feet and a 9 volt battery will last a long time.

Air testing of a PI probe is not really indicative of its performance. A PI probe needs to be used in the sand or dirt.

This is my second Vibraprobe. My first one was stolen out of my car along with my Excalibur II. I had that first one for over 5 years and worked as good as the day I got it after 5 years.

I know this is an older post...but a lot of people ask this question.
I have used many pin pointers.....and the one that I have right now.... is the Vibraprobe 585.
It is PI. It is unidirectional with only the tip being able to detect unlike so many others that have detection along the whole shaft. I have fought so many other pin pointers that were detecting the side of the detector and made it a much longer process.
I also like the way it notifies you...with vibration. When wearing headphones, it is nice to be able to feel the vibes instead of trying to hear them. It is also great underwater where beeping can be problematic. It is waterproof to 100 feet and a 9 volt battery will last a long time.

Air testing of a PI probe is not really indicative of its performance. A PI probe needs to be used in the sand or dirt.

This is my second Vibraprobe. My first one was stolen out of my car along with my Excalibur II. I had that first one for over 5 years and worked as good as the day I got it after 5 years.
I also use this pinpointer and LOVE it! I like the fact that it only detects off the tip and doesn't need to go 3 or 4" deep. I always find what I'm looking for with it, a MUST have! HH George

The Fisher F-Pulse had better detection range than the Carrot. All of my Garrett pointers I've owned lost range. within a year. As far as the Pulse being waterproof only down town to six feet? I am not even 6' tall and I never ever considered a pin pointer for water hunts, much less deeper that I am tall. I owned two Garretts Pro Pointers, the black ones, and one Carrot. Every single one of the Garretts lost pin pointers detection range within a year, and then continued to lose more more, down to hardly more than an inch left in depth. I sold my Carrot to a beginner hunter friend. I gave the two black pointers to two other beginning friends. I made the Carrot a good deal at $50. The black pointers were loaners but ended up being gifts.

I still stand by my F-Pulse.

I'm searching for a PP. (Pin-pointer)
I've been reading in the forums and so far the most recommended Pinpointers are the Garrett AT pro aka carrot, the more expensive Nokta PulseDive and the older original Nokta Pinpointer and a few others mentioned below.

The PulseDive I don't care for since I won't be using the Nokta wireless headphones. It is a great feature because it also pairs with your wireless headphones simultaneously and eliminates any interference.

But I hear the updated Simplex+ firmware now has a mute option so any other PP won't be an issue with interference.

The PulseDive is very bulky as well and more expensive than the other PP I looked into. ($160)

I read that the original Nokta PP ($85) has great depth and never fails.
Problem is that it's only waterproof for a few feet from what I read. Some say 3' some say 10' not even sure.

The Carrot AT ($127) is the most recommended but many people have problems with it. It gets chirpy, need to shut it on and off, need to place a coin to improve battery contact, and or stops working after a few years. But Garrett has great customer service and even if you're out of the 2 year warranty they will fix it for $28.
Still most people swear by it.
I'm still not convinced on the Carrot but I may end up getting one anyways. Especially since it's waterproof up to 10'

I've read about Dr. Otek and it seems like a great pp for under $50 but I feel like it lacks in depth. Especially after a yt review I saw.

The cheapest one that gets mentioned a lot is the GP2 from SHRXY ($30) I forgot the name but it's a newer version of a cheap one. Not sure of it's specs but I read some people use it.
Goes for around $30 and many say it's a great buy for the price.

The TRX ($149) I won't buy at the moment because White's ownership limbo.

A guy that did a ton of research went with the XP-Mi-4 ($119) but I haven't seen anyone else mention that PP.

The Fisher F-Pulse ($129) performs great but
I looked it up and don't like the fact that it's only waterproof up to 6'.
That's ridiculous when my Simplex+ is rated 10' and PP in the same price range are waterproof up to 3-6 meters.

Honestly speaking I probably would never go deeper than 3-4 feet but with rough waves that can easily double.
I wouldn't want a PP to crap out with water damage because I went over by a foot.

What are your thoughts.
I don't care for rechargeable or wireless pairing features. Nor where it's made since I contribute enough to the economy.
I'm more interested in it's performance.
I already experienced that my new detector goes deep, found some items almost 2' down. (Liquor caps and soda cans)
I will mainly be hunting on the beach sand, shallow ocean water and occasionally on grassy field's.

Plus my scoop can help get the object out of the sand, I just want a PP to speed things up and avoid the extra fatigue.
I'm searching for a PP. (Pin-pointer)
I've been reading in the forums and so far the most recommended Pinpointers are the Garrett AT pro aka carrot, the more expensive Nokta PulseDive and the older original Nokta Pinpointer and a few others mentioned below.

The PulseDive I don't care for since I won't be using the Nokta wireless headphones. It is a great feature because it also pairs with your wireless headphones simultaneously and eliminates any interference.

But I hear the updated Simplex+ firmware now has a mute option so any other PP won't be an issue with interference.

The PulseDive is very bulky as well and more expensive than the other PP I looked into. ($160)

I read that the original Nokta PP ($85) has great depth and never fails.
Problem is that it's only waterproof for a few feet from what I read. Some say 3' some say 10' not even sure.

The Carrot AT ($127) is the most recommended but many people have problems with it. It gets chirpy, need to shut it on and off, need to place a coin to improve battery contact, and or stops working after a few years. But Garrett has great customer service and even if you're out of the 2 year warranty they will fix it for $28.
Still most people swear by it.
I'm still not convinced on the Carrot but I may end up getting one anyways. Especially since it's waterproof up to 10'

I've read about Dr. Otek and it seems like a great pp for under $50 but I feel like it lacks in depth. Especially after a yt review I saw.

The cheapest one that gets mentioned a lot is the GP2 from SHRXY ($30) I forgot the name but it's a newer version of a cheap one. Not sure of it's specs but I read some people use it.
Goes for around $30 and many say it's a great buy for the price.

The TRX ($149) I won't buy at the moment because White's ownership limbo.

A guy that did a ton of research went with the XP-Mi-4 ($119) but I haven't seen anyone else mention that PP.

The Fisher F-Pulse ($129) performs great but
I looked it up and don't like the fact that it's only waterproof up to 6'.
That's ridiculous when my Simplex+ is rated 10' and PP in the same price range are waterproof up to 3-6 meters.

Honestly speaking I probably would never go deeper than 3-4 feet but with rough waves that can easily double.
I wouldn't want a PP to crap out with water damage because I went over by a foot.

What are your thoughts.
I don't care for rechargeable or wireless pairing features. Nor where it's made since I contribute enough to the economy.
I'm more interested in it's performance.
I already experienced that my new detector goes deep, found some items almost 2' down. (Liquor caps and soda cans)
I will mainly be hunting on the beach sand, shallow ocean water and occasionally on grassy field's.

Plus my scoop can help get the object out of the sand, I just want a PP to speed things up and avoid the extra fatigue.
I have had them all and all have their strong and weak points. I would recommend either Garrett. I don't need anything to go under water and I like simplicity so what works best for me is the Garrett Propointer 11.

I've had Nokta pinpointers for years and love em. I often hunt with the PP always on when theres lots of targets. The carrot falses if you walk around with it on. The only downside of my original Nokta pinpointer is that it uses 9volt batteries. The pulsedive is rechargable so its perfect for me.

White's TRX. The only problem is that they have doubled in price since White's went under, so that should tell you how good they are

i have a pro find 35, im not real thrilled with it, it seems to have a hard time with dimes, maybe thats me

I know this is an old thread, but I need manufactures to back up, about calling there handheld detectors, "pinpointers"
The definition of pinpoint is:" a tiny dot or point."
So with that in mind the only pinpointers that I have used are the XP MI6 and the Whites TRX. I have a Garrett, but I want to make it clear it is not a pintpinter but an area locator just like your metal detector. I have had it for at least 6 years and hate it, as it does not pinpoint, I usually end up digging a large hole as it detects 360 and if you missed the target in your plug, you dig to China, because it is detecting the object on the side as you go deeper. Whereas the MI6 and Whites only detect at the tip they pinpoint "a tiny dot or point."
With that in mind is the Nokta a pinpointer or an area locator?