Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Help with a good shovel

Hi All,,,, Need help as i seek to purchase a really good shovel. Have been getting buy for the longest time with the typical 2 foot wood spade from Home Depot.I am looking for quality, but do not want a HEAVY shovel. Something on the light side but sturdy. Probably about 3 or 4 ft long. Any suggestions, or even a link to a site ? Thanks in advance, Gary

The Lesche is what I use to get the goodies out of the hole.. It is too short for getting off my knees (old and bad knees)

I just picked up a 32" root slayer shovel on ebay. $45, light , and seems well made.
I have the root slayer as well. Price was right. As long as it's the smaller head version it should work ok. The shaft and handle are plastic so people need to take that into account.

I have all three of the Root Slayer family. They do not have plastic shafts. They are very rugged & work very well.

Cannot beat the Predator tools shovels and hand diggers, the Model 24 Phoenix shovel is great the Hurricane is the same with a longer T handle

for hand diggers the model 85 hand digger and the Raptor hand digger are both great

Hi All,,,, Need help as i seek to purchase a really good shovel. Have been getting buy for the longest time with the typical 2 foot wood spade from Home Depot.I am looking for quality, but do not want a HEAVY shovel. Something on the light side but sturdy. Probably about 3 or 4 ft long. Any suggestions, or even a link to a site ? Thanks in advance, Gary

Predator will have everything you need. They aren't free , not even cheap but if the very best is what you are looking for, Buy from Mr Lasche or Pam at Predator tools.

Just so everybody knows. Predator and Lesche are made in the same factory in my hometown. Mr. Lesche owns both brands. What I can tell is Lesche is sold on Amazon and Predator has its own website. Predator has a very good website and sells the very popular Phoenix and Hurricane metal detecting shovels. Lesche doesn't. Hope this Helps