Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Help with settings. Nokta, anyone?

DigDog

Tried asking so far have not gotten any kind of response.
With the legend hunting in non mineralized soil and primarily inland not beach.
Want to be able to pick up all gold and silver jewelry, big, small all sizes and shapes.
Old coins and even relics are very rare around here, no gold nuggets, so jewelry hunting is the best thing to hunt for unless you are into clad and junk.
Park mode is probably the best mode I assume unless I happen to go to the beach.
What i am trying to figure out is
A mode will pick up everything but will G mode be better not picking up iron and still get all gold and silver jewelry?
Or can i use F or even C mode and eliminate iron and will it still pick up all gold and silver jewelry?
Then frequency multi 1,2 or single is the best for all gold and silver jewelry
Thanks

I will suggest Park of Field mode, A Disc pattern with the first Tone Break at 7. This will let you hear all the iron as a low tone. You could also use C Disc pattern and notch out only 1-6. M2 or M1 will both hit well. You just have to get out there and play with it.

I will suggest Park of Field mode, A Disc pattern with the first Tone Break at 7. This will let you hear all the iron as a low tone. You could also use C Disc pattern and notch out only 1-6. M2 or M1 will both hit well. You just have to get out there and play with it.
Thanks so how do you set it so all iron sounds as low tone and everything else as high tone. Thats what I’m trying to figure out.

You are going to have to read the Users Manual and think & walk thru the adjustments to learn any detector.
If you will stick with the Factory set adjustments you can't go far wrong. Use them as a base to learn from.
Keep User Profile 1 all Factory & make User Profile 2 the one you adjust around with.

there is one problem with using any discrim. you will miss lots of jewelry. Its best to learn the tones, iron has a grunt, which you would have to choose if you want to dig. Gold can be any number, quite a bit of what I dig falls into the foil range, so if you notch it out and I am behind you I will be the one to find it.

Sounds as if you recommend the all metal or A mode but this detector has G mode which from what I understand is basically the same as all meta just eliminates the ground. I could be wrong
Even in F or C mode it just eliminates the ferrous targets though not the pull tabs again what i understand so far.
Just wont here does deep iron tones in F or C?

Have you found any difference between A all metal mode and G ground mode ?
There is not much difference in G (Ground Off mode) and A (All Metal MODE ) the main difference is the first 2 TIDs are notched out in G mode

What I noticed in G mode is it eliminates some of the ground noise not all but some, that is in the ground I detect, I would think in mild ground it would run even quiter but the only thing you can do is try it and see what the legend is doing, I just gave you what it did for me but I detect harsh ground most of the time, I really never noticed much of a depth advantage to either, but you have to remember in the ground I detect you are lucky if you get targets over 8 inches deep unless you are using a Pulse Induction which I do use quite a bit.

There is not much difference in G (Ground Off mode) and A (All Metal MODE ) the main difference is the first 2 TIDs are notched out in G mode

What I noticed in G mode is it eliminates some of the ground noise not all but some, that is in the ground I detect, I would think in mild ground it would run even quiter but the only thing you can do is try it and see what the legend is doing, I just gave you what it did for me but I detect harsh ground most of the time, I really never noticed much of a depth advantage to either, but you have to remember in the ground I detect you are lucky if you get targets over 8 inches deep unless you are using a Pulse Induction which I do use quite a bit.
Just didn’t know if in G mode those two notches it does take out, eliminates anything that would resemble anything in the jewelry area or it only eliminates only ferrous targets

Just didn’t know if in G mode those two notches it does take out, eliminates anything that would resemble anything in the jewelry area or it only eliminates only ferrous targets
Tmops50 I personally have not had any jewelry ring up with numbers lower then the two notched TIDs in G mode, but with that being said I have found a couple of Gold nugget's that rang up with TIDs lower then those TIDs in fact the couple of gold nuggets that I refer to rang up in the negative TIDs they were found with an Xterra 705.

if you are mainly worried about small jewelry, myself I would not worry about TIDs 1 and 2 being notched but myself I would run in A (All Metal) mode, you have to keep in mind my main detecting is gold nuggets as a gold prospector we dig everything. most if not all nugget hunters that I know run in all metal simply because most of the times or a lot of times we are using a PI (Pulse Induction) machine I use a VLF a lot of times also and when I do I am most always in All Metal Mode