Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Here is and ice jam breaking today in New Hampshire.

the corner for you folks? Except for the ice, that looked just like a flash flood in West Texas. :)

Most of our snow is gone now, but lot of ice still on the ground where the horses compressed the snow. Today its was back in the upper 30's here and down to 31 again now. 23 for the low tonight which will harden my driveway some. The water is running under it all and all of a sudden there is a big hole there, like mini sink holes.. These can stop your car in a flash. I suspect tomorrow it will be interesting. We stayed off it today with the cars. Ground is still heaved up pretty good from all the frost. The worst is over, might get a few more snows up this way, but sun ig really getting higher now and is doing the job or turning it all around. Hard to believe a week ago we were still buried. Bout time its leaving, I have about a weeks worth of wood left...

Geo

You know that the ice and snow had to have done some damage to the track. Down here, all the trees are budding, starting to get new leaves. The Mesquite Trees started putting out new leaves a week or so ago, which indicates that freezing weather is over. We are now getting into the upper 70's and lower 80's during the day. Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t

the guys on a gun forum I belong to took it. I was surprised how loud it was coming down stream.... The big stream near me brook up over the weekend also but I missed it...took place at night....

track dried out. All the frost in the ground and snow on top, what we need is lots of sun and wind. So far, not so good. We wait until the last week if need be, but so far we have never not been able to. A concern I have this year is the rains of late have been major down pours from 1 to 3 inches. Not sure if you remember but last year we got washed out there from the river. Tried to get them to put up a jersey barrier setup where the river bounces off the far bank and then cuts over. They did nothing, so not only is it the same as it was, only its lower. Nothing to stop that water flow cutting across the track. We have a guy in the club who works for the state of Connecticut who offered to bring us a few of them. They are chipped up a little from accidents but just turn that side out towards the river and it will look good still, and keep the water out. So we wait and see. Down side, they are forecasting 1 to 3 inches of rain this Thursday again. With water soaked ground, this can be a major problem. We did loose a race one year just because the mud was to deep, bikes could just not move in it. Always a problem here at our track for the first race. We are the first track to open as all the others are north of us and they are still snowed in....
Boil down to luck. All the weekend events are planned out for all the clubs and full so no dates we can trade anyone with...

Geo

like one guy said, I too would hate to be in a kayak when that hit! Sure flushes the stream bed doesn't it? Cool video