Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Here we go again Back to Minelab for repairs?

Yes, that's the answer, a thin silicon gasket like the battery uses, that will stop the wear in the rods until the gasket wears. The plastic housing needs to be modified and have the sharp thin cutting edges taken away in some way.

As posted in the subject: Minelab calls to confirm the detector has been received! I sit hear wondering just how the post come up about poor customer service? But after reading the tone of those type post I can certainly see why those who start out with expecting problems have issues?
Not sure but this issue has been handled professionally!
BCNJ

BCNJ, glad to hear they called and said yours arrived for service.... mine unfortunately is stuck in Jacksonville due to the icy conditions a little further north.....

Keep us posted as to the outcome.

Cliff

Update on my RMA,

Sent it out and it was delivered on Feb 19th. I contacted them on the 20th to confirm that they indeed had it and they said they did. Hopefully will hear from them soon. Will let you guys know how it goes.

nagov said:
Ray-Mo. said:
I wrapped a piece of black electrical tape around the shaft at the wear area over a year ago and no issues since .

The gap between the shaft and the handle base is so tight, how did you get the tape in there?

I had this problem year ago. I'm from UK. Contacted Minelab Ireland and they sent me these rubber bit. Installed it myself and problem solved.