Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Here's what you can miss if NOT using Pinpoint Trace mode...

trojdor

We talk a lot how the PP trace feature can give you extreme/max depth (it does),
and also to help with the ever present problems caused by hunting coins in 'rusty square nail' iron-land (again, it does).

Here's another inherent advantage...hunting in dense modern (spelled aluminum) trash.

Sunday night, I was at a heavily hunted public area to gather some quick info for an upcoming hunt with my hunting buddy, CZconnoisseur.
The area in question (like most public spots) has been heavily hunted by literally hundreds, if not thousands of detectors over the decades.

I focused on a small one foot by two foot trashy area, and immediately got far too many signals to separate...NONE REALLY GOOD...however normal Target Trace had flashed a decent low conductor number 12-28 ish.
I figured I'd switch to PP Trace and see how the 'sound, size, and shape' of the audio in AM non-motion sounded. (If good on all three, I'd typically hope for gold, and dig.)

Note; that (as we've mentioned before) when surrounded by trash, the non-motion aspect of PP really helps isolate the various signals in thick trash.
While clearing up the signal in PP, the screen was painting multiple targets...probably about 7 or so...when I noticed that if I moved ever so slightly to the right, I painted the prettiest 12-45 ish blob.

So, of course, the heck with the probable square tab signal...I centered over the 12-45...but was disappointed to see the depth reading lock on at 4". :(
Thinking, "oh well, free money...easy diggin'...I'll guess a clad dime."

Well, I was a little off this time....dug this instead...at exactly 4 inches:

And before the pics, let me emphasize again that this area has had more good detectorists/detectors over it than you can imagine. The busy spot was right out in the open, not hidden or out of the way.
It's simply been missed by everyone.
:)
Enjoy,
mike

Nice nice Trojdor! A good post and great observation

Very nice grab Good for you

That's what its all about. Applying a hell of a machine + your skill/brainpower to find the unfindable. Congrats on the great work! (and dime)

Simply outstanding!!

trojdor that is just a outstanding beauty.

That's just where you would find a coin like that in a pile of trash.

Depth is really meaningless look at the shape of that coin it's been there a long time and I'm glad you snagged it you earned it there's more coins there just masked .

I love hunting trash because that's where the gems are got to use all the tricks and expect to dig junk in the process but as you get better and better you dig less junk then you are rewarded with a gem like that .:thumbup: sube

I have an area so heavily trashed that you can barely move a coil without some type of target, most of it aluminum pull tabs. I am going back there to see what I have missed, unfortunately my screen is blanking making target trace difficult to use. I need to get this repaired after this season is over.

UWMM

Can someone post a link to how to USE PP TT in the first place? I need to learn how to employ it effectively,I haven't even dabbled in it really. I have it turned on but need to do a search on the subject now.....thanks,and Mike,WOW! Didn't see that comin did ya? Killer coin!

Thanks for the kind words, everyone...it means a lot to me.

I'm pretty consistent with breaking into the late 1800's, but I usually have to work my butt off for them. :)
(Typically anywhere from 8" to 12" in rocky ground.)

I'll freely admit I didn't see that one coming...I'm especially glad it's my habit to be careful not to scratch anything, even if it's shallow.
When I could see the rim, I was really surprised it was silver, but when I washed off the dirt, and saw Seated...you could have knocked me over with a feather...:blink:

It's been a while since I saw a seated come up. We've been getting in the range of Barbers, and IH pennies, so a seated was due.
But I just never expected one to be in that good of shape, and certainly not from that shallow. Wow.

Maybe I can claim I'm overdue for that gold coin now? ;)

HH
mike

nice coin :biggrin:

just to state the obvious if there is heaps of aluminium rubbish there is heaps of masking going on, how to get the good stuff out without digging all the rubbish out well that's not so easy so well done.

sure there is some more stuff hiding out in there.

AJ

I really like the PP trace feature...being able to have a picture painted in front of you AND using the audio component really lets you know what's under the coil! We have compared a lot of signals between the CTX and 9" Deus, but the CTX has it won with this PP trace! Those folded beavertails are a menace - especially if they come from 8-9" deep - those stupid things sometimes indicate as coins between both machines...can't all be gems though!

If someone could combine the CTX with a Deus - That person could name their price!

IDXMonster said:
Can someone post a link to how to USE PP TT in the first place? I need to learn how to employ it effectively,I haven't even dabbled in it really. I have it turned on but need to do a search on the subject now.....thanks,and Mike,WOW! Didn't see that comin did ya? Killer coin!

Trojdor and me discuss it in my post 4 hours at the old church page 5 in my post . sube

Would LOVE to see a VIDEO that shows this PP TT procedure...

n/t

trojdor said:
and also to help with the ever present problems caused by hunting coins in 'rusty square nail' iron-land (again, it does).

Quite a find - can you elaborate on this a bit? I know I'm not using target trace (pinpoint or otherwise) to its full potential and have a few areas that would be nearly identical to the situation you mention here. Or can you point me to some threads that discuss it? I usually keep up on this forum and don't recall anywhere this was specifically talked about recently. Thanks!

TrpnBils said:
Quite a find - can you elaborate on this a bit? I know I'm not using target trace (pinpoint or otherwise) to its full potential and have a few areas that would be nearly identical to the situation you mention here. Or can you point me to some threads that discuss it? I usually keep up on this forum and don't recall anywhere this was specifically talked about recently. Thanks!

TrpnBils,
Try this thread...see if it 'fill in some of the blanks' for you.
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?86,2264380,2264395#msg-2264395

mike

trojdor said:
TrpnBils said:

TrpnBils,
Try this thread...see if it 'fill in some of the blanks' for you.
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?86,2264380,2264395#msg-2264395

mike

ok - I did see that one this morning. There are about four active threads discussing TT to some degree right now from what I could tell. I thought maybe there had been something prior to these that I missed.

this one will lead you to some visuals

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?86,2307341,2307748#msg-2307748