Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

"Hey there...'Hey Minelab', guys.

No, Todd I didn't want to single anyone out. You have every right to complain as much as you want. Heck, I'd like to have more and more Free Stuff too;.And please don't think I am disparaging your abilities. Since I discovered the boards, I have had a hi opinion of your abilities. (I also have been hunting since the 70s, but not really seriously until this decade).

But my opinion is that most of the smarter folks know they are wasting their breath (and some even say so in the 2 current threads) so they must just be complaining for some other reason. What that could be is beyond me.
Attention maybe? Trying to impress someone? Beats me.

There really needs to be a "Minelab CTX Complainers" sticky so we don't litter the board up so regularly. It would also save everyone from repeating themselves with the same ole same ole all the time.

hey you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFjmvfRvjTc

AJ

Hey you out there in the cold
Getting lonely getting old
Can you feel me?
Hey you standing in the aisles
With itchy feet and fading smiles
Can you feel me?
Hey you don't help them to bury the light
Don't give in without a fight

Hey you out there on your own
Sitting naked by the phone
Would you touch me?
Hey you with you ear against the wall
Waiting for someone to call out
Would you touch me?
Hey you, would you help me to carry the stone?
Open your heart, I'm coming home

But it was only fantasy
The wall was too high
As you can see
No matter how he tried
He could not break free
And the worms ate into his brain

Hey you, out there on the road
Always doing what you're told
Can you help me?
Hey you, out there beyond the wall
Breaking bottles in the hall
Can you help me?
Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all
Together we stand, divided we fall

Well
I'm glad that you're ok with a group of "less smart" people complaining and wasting our time on this Open Forum. I'm pretty sure we are allowed to do it as long as we " the less smart people" don't act or say rude things. I don't think we need a "sticky" to keep us corralled up as the "smart people group " will quickly see which threads are a waste of their reasearch time and be able to avoid clicking on them.

Just one other question Who is it that administers the smart guy test? Maybe we should all take it.

me and I am the only one that passed :lmfao: only because I had the cheat sheet though :buds:

don't worry too much CT after 5 years it losses its sting :blink:

AJ

You're cracking me up Jason. It will be ok.

What would you update? I'm perfectly happy with the way my Minelab runs now. Still runs circles around the others when it comes to coin hunting old schools and parks.

Southwind said:
What would you update? I'm perfectly happy with the way my Minelab runs now. Still runs circles around the others when it comes to coin hunting old schools and parks.

There are 11 pages of suggestions in the resource center. I have repeatedly said throughout this thread that I like my CTX too. This has to do with unfulfilled promises and terrible customer service.

Millennial?

LOL just kidding. I can't say because in all the years I've had a Minelab I've never needed customer service. And I'm also not familiar with any promises to update at a predetermined level. But that doesn't mean I don't believe they exist, I'm just not familiar with them.

Champ Ferguson said:
No, Todd I didn't want to single anyone out. You have every right to complain as much as you want. Heck, I'd like to have more and more Free Stuff too;.And please don't think I am disparaging your abilities. Since I discovered the boards, I have had a hi opinion of your abilities. (I also have been hunting since the 70s, but not really seriously until this decade).

But my opinion is that most of the smarter folks know they are wasting their breath (and some even say so in the 2 current threads) so they must just be complaining for some other reason. What that could be is beyond me.
Attention maybe? Trying to impress someone? Beats me.

There really needs to be a "Minelab CTX Complainers" sticky so we don't litter the board up so regularly. It would also save everyone from repeating themselves with the same ole same ole all the time.

It appears that some folks have STILL missed the original point, but to each its own. On another note, I just purchased a 2nd (preowned) CTX as a backup. The screen on my current one will require it be sent in for repair and we all know that means probably three/four months in the shop, AND lots of $$$. Minelab's "non existent service after the sale" will rear its ugly head again.

No worries, Jason. Todd's good. I still look forward to his technical posts as I always have.

But I would like to know his speculations as to why someone would continue to complain when they don't believe it will do any good. That one has me baffled.

ETA: btw, I am not referring to the warranty debacle in this thread at all. that is a cluster for sure. hopefully the reports of change in Minelab's repair center policy are true and will happen quickly. ML, I think the point we are discussing is updates or the lack thereof.

Champ Ferguson said:
No worries, Jason. Todd's good. I still look forward to his technical posts as I always have.

But I would like to know his speculations as to why someone would continue to complain when they don't believe it will do any good. That one has me baffled.

ETA: btw, I am not referring to the warranty debacle in this thread at all. that is a cluster for sure. hopefully the reports of change in Minelab's repair center policy are true and will happen quickly. ML, I think the point we are discussing is updates or the lack thereof.

Part of my issues this week is the snow that is still preventing me from detecting. It melts and I'm done posting grumpy threads. Be well

I can sure understand that. Hang in there, shouldn't be too much longer with April just around the corner.

Champ Ferguson said:
I can sure understand that. Hang in there, shouldn't be too much longer with April just around the corner.

Here in my parts of PA we were lucky this winter. Maybe a weeks worth of frozen ground at best.