Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hey, where did these come from!

jeff & Maria

They came from an old school in a small area that I use for "testing" equipment. I have swept at all times of the year, with a XLT, DFX, X-Terra 70 and Explorer II with coils from stock 8" to 12" Sunray. Let's face it NO PLACE is really ever hunted out but I was surprised that in the course of a half hour hunt the E Trac sounded off on these, loud and clear. Not deep, maybe 7' max. on most. Nothing really old other than the colonial button, or actually whats left of it. The coins are mostly 60's era. The thing about The Etrac is it is a nickel magnet! JUST like the X terra 70. I pulled two Indian heads out of another pounded site with the E Trac last week. The E Trac is so stable I can't believe it compared to my old Explorer II. I haven't G-Dammed the Etrac once!

I miss the tones that the Explorer had just like a lot of you since I always hunt in all metal, Ferrous. BUT in a non junk filled environment like the old schoolyard It was just like the old Exp. II This thing is going to be a killer in field hunting, it locks on targets and lets you know when you are on top of something good!

Tomorrow I head to a turn of the century school that I have also picked clean......or did I?

Good thing you didn't get caught with that bullet... you know, zero tolerance and all that. :wacko:

J

I don't have my E- trac yet...will be getting it when I sell off some other equipment. But I have been reading around the web that you can get the same tones for the E-trac in all metal just as you did with the Explorer by going into the menu and making some changes.

Some guy was saying that he was disappointed with the E-trac because it did not offer the same experience with tones in all metal.

He got a reply from a gentleman from England that said that it does and he explained it. Right now I am reading an on line version of the E-trac manual and when I find it, I will let you know !

It does not have the same range of tones in ferrous as the SE. At leasat I have not been able to get them out of mine.

J