Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hi Guys,

You asked for it , so here it is. My day out with Mattockman. I hunted most of the time with an open screen, ferrous sounds and tones. I use the clarity of the tone, the cursor and the digital. conductive #s stay petty stable but like you said, you have to learn what ferrous #s are trying to tell you.
I worked with Ferrous 20 and conductive sounds but was never really comfortable with the nulling. Kept thinking I was going to miss a good target.
MattR.UK. your post is very educational for all of us. Thank you.
[attachment 105241 vvv.jpg]

dont know... did you get any signals that came in solid below the 18 mark, but not way down in the low iron range that you dug? I was hoping to try a spot today thats cinder, coal and iron filled... with lots of stuff left I am sure but not feeling real well today.
I am just debating on what pattern to use at this spot

This morning I ran it at 20 Fe and also open screen. Any hits that I had and dug were dug after playing with the target from different angles.
I would get a solid tone hit and the cursor would lock on some place else. When the tone was indicating coin Reagan, the cursor would be in the iron. Play with the target from different angles an it would eventually lock in the Fe 10 to 15 and if the conductive # was close enough (a digit east or west) and most times it was a coin. The Fe is, like you said, affected by the soil. In some cases, a lot.

All I know is with the Explorer XS....the 2D smartscreen.....I have learned the Conductive location of a target is usually correct but the ferrous location is off when deep or corroded with green stuff or white stuff....depending on the metal......or depth from earth minerals.....so conductive #'s will be more accurate...ferrous #'s will be flawed......trust the conductive #'s or curser location more than the ferrous......ferrous is instagated by minerals or iron....or both....but is a great tool in low mineral ground and low iron targets. :bouncy:

Cause I had plenty that hit well into iron in one direction and then hit better in the other.... Figured it was iron behaving badly...... Was the sound always consistent in both directions or did it vary??? If it did vary, was it only in pitch or did it also vary in quality ie: scratchy or doubled/multi blip in the other direction???