Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

High powered air rifles

cosmic

This is another of my hobbies..Besides the detecting and coin collecting.. Shooting PCP airguns..Precharged pneumatic powered.. This is my modified Airforce Condor .. .25 caliber shooting pellets around the speed of sound (1100fps).. Shrouded, quiet, one hole 5 shots groups at 30 yards and under a inch at 100... Running 3000 psi nitrogen... The only thing cheap is the pellets !!! $13 for 250 ..
Ray

That is a nice looking shooter Ray :thumbup:

Thanks Larry !! I have shot some unbelievable airguns but they are way out of my price.. $2500-3000... But I have fun with the one I have.. Looking to get one custom made just need to sell some of my coins !! The gun I want made is a 7MM running 4500psi but only 3 shots on a fill.. But accurate as they come .. After I started asking about a 7MM on the airgun forums and a few interested parties a custom rifle maker stepped up and made a prototype just shot a 2" group at 375 yards and a - I" at 200 !!! Here's a couple of coins..

Man they have come a long ways since my Daisy LOL. I was looking at Walmart the other day to see what the top fps was and I think I saw 1000fps on a 144 cal. pellet. That's not bad for a off the shelf air rifle.

Ya, i seen them also but some manufactures use ultralight non lead pellets to get that fps... My condor shoots about 100fps with a 27 grain pellet about 60
ft lbs at the muzzle..Crazy different from my crosmans of my youth...

I use to shoot the Beeman Air pistols ,what the heck were they P1's or something like that,use to have the red dot scope on em.Some serious money I had in em. They were deadly too 600 fps + range. I shot the .177 and .025

Love the gold coin! I have been wanting one of them since I was a kid.. I swear I was so dumb.. I once saved up five dollars to buy a five dollar gold coin.. :clapping: duuuuuhhh.. also as a kid we loved our BB guns! we had daisy 880's that they still make but they arent nearly as nice as the old ones.. I once hit a swallow from well over 50 yards or so.. man what a shot! these days I prefer the real thing, 22.s 45,s etc buuuut I want to get another BB gun for around the yard shootin a tweeties..

I started a FTC club in England back in the 80s I've owned HW 77k HW 35 E Various BSAs, Air Arms Shamal, TX200, Daystate FTR, and the Rolls Royce of air rifles the Sportsmatch GC2. All in 12 foot lb the legal limit in UK.
Do any of you know David Slade from Airgunwerks TN ? A former club mate of mine ?

Yep he is still around on the forums.. The condor isn't near the Daystates, Air Arms .. Those are sweet!! When I crank up the power on the condor enough to keep it accurate it runs 59-77 ft lbs depending on pellet used... But less shots per fill.. JSB 25 gr. it leave the muzzle at 1025 fps.. EUNJIN 43 gr.at 900 fps.. I trying to get a big bore 7MM custom Jack Halely and with some prodding, he has done one prototype that is outstanding !!! The government always seem to find a way to limit our fun doesn't it.. The haley is something like the Sinners.. Side note the $5 gold piece is the first coin I collected...

Just bought one last fall.. The first air rifle I've had in years..
Nothing like the one you have, but it's still fun to mess with, and cheap to shoot.
I bought it cheap at Wally World.. $80.. It's a Ruger Air Hawk, 177..
The velocity will vary to what I'm shooting. It will go supersonic with the alloys,
but I prefer to keep under the sound barrier, and use the heavier lead pellets.
A standard 7.9 gr pellet will probably average in the 900's fps range I guess,
depending on the shape. The pointed pellets nudge pretty close to the sound
barrier, and were the least accurate. It shot the wad cutters and hollowpoints
pretty well.
Ammo is so tight right now, I'm afraid to shoot any of my firearms until I can
stock more ammo. But at least I can still shoot this thing.. I may have to start
reloading, the way things are going.

ruger1.jpg

I gave up powder burner a while ago.. Mostly reloaded 12 gauge, 9mm and .280 Remington (7mm Remington express) which was my favorite in my Ruger M77 heavy varmint bbl..Now I have a airgun addiction.. Those break barrel are loads of fun , but always keep a firm grip on the barrel as they sometimes get away from you and slam the barrel up and bend it..Now i'm looking at a 7MM air rifle that shoot under 3" at 300 yards !!!

Twenty cottontails we shot with pellet guns on Martin Luther King Day. The grandson is shooting an old Beeman .177, I used a Gamo Hunter .177

I shoot an RWS model 38 in 177 cal. Will do 1000 fps. Shot a starling one morning years ago out of the top of an apple tree at 96 yards. No wind andheld about 6 inches high. I have an aftermarket venom spring in it so I can cock it and leave it cocked for hours and it will not affect the spring. I also shoot 4 custom built muzzleloaders.

I have an old West German made Beeman R1 .22. It's normally posted next to the back door on Starling duty, and for the occasional new kid on the block crow (All the local crows avoid my backyard like it's posted:rage:)

Venom springs were/are very good. My HW77K was fully tuned by Venom Arms Birmingham. Started out as a .22, they did their work on it, fitted a Walnut Thumbhole stock and it did shoot sweet. Later I had it converted by Venom to .177 with a Anshutz barrel. Then it was reblued and looked and shot fantastic. They then went on to make the 'Lazerglide' (good name for a Harley that.:)) which was a Ken Turner design, he then went on to make/ design the Air Arms TX 200, which was a factory Lazerglide.

Still shooting my old Feinwerkbau 124. They were imported by beeman years ago and handle very nice. Nice rifle cosmic.