Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

High temps and detectors

topazguy

Hey all,

Just jumped into the CTX world and was wondering about keeping it my truck every now and then so I can hunt after work. I'm just a little leary of doing so as the temps start to climb. Will the inside car temps potentially damage my amazing detector?

Thanks!

Topazguy

Yes it could, the warnings in your manual should tell you the max temperature you shouldn't exceed. Or if not there go online to Minelab, Gene

The CTX is pretty forgiving to most of us with storage temps of 150F and operating temps of 113F Max.

Thanks for the help all!

Being in Utah, it doesn't get quite to 113, so hopefully that means I'll be in good shape. Still, I'll definitely be careful

I was actually wondering about this yesterday. It was pretty hot. I took the battery off and through it in the glove to be on the safe side.

You all might be amazed at how hot it can get inside your vehicle, if your vehicle is left in the sun. Try setting a thermometer in there to check.