Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Highly mineralized soil

Someone on youtube has a video showing how hard it is to detect in the highly mineralized soil of Culpepper, Virginia. Does that mean to move up to a higher Khz? Wouldn't some of the Deep Tech brand perform nicely in that type of soil?

Lower frequencies normally will punch through mineralized soil better But
the Deep Tech units are some of the best VLF performers in mineralized soils. My Vista X is only surpassed by my Tarsacci.

I live about 50 miles south of Culpepper, but have never detected up in that area, but from what I understand, many folks use Pulse induction detectors to deal with that soil.
I have an old school near me that I have detected around and it is red clay and so bad that my pin pointer reacts to it..
I have done pretty good there using a detector running at 5khz.

Last edited:
The New Gold Hound With Higher Feq Is Best in DeepTech Line To work in Bad Soil/Hot Rocks and super Sen on deep small Objects in any soils
Have you ever used the Gold Hound in soil
similar to Culpepper? If so, I’m curious as to what were your results were.

I not hunted in Culpeper Arera Soils with Gold Hound . I hunt in area past worse soils you hunt anywhere for sure. I have hunt many Bad Soil Sites in M.d. And Gold Hound By Far is Best VLF used . P.I. will go deeper but take time to learn of it complex tones, settings and lack in true Iron Disc.

Anything special about Culpeper for detecting ?
The majority of VLF machines fail miserably in getting through the horrible mineralization.