Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Holiday Hunt

Larry (IL)

Nancy and I went camping with our Chicago area friends, Rob and Paulette for the weekend and holiday. In spite of the weather, we managed to get a little hunting in each day. We usually got started early in the morning and quit when it got unbearable out. Daryl and Star stopped by to say Hi on Sunday as Rob and I were calling it a day. Hi Guys. I tried to get a hold of former club member Brian Swift, (Cannonball) but he didn't answer his Email that I had, I wanted to invite him to hunt his old stomping grounds with us that has treated me very nicely in the past and not a disappointment this time either. A pocket spill that comes close to the one found at the Boy Scout camp a few years ago was found where I found a Seated and a Barber dime last year. Two Barber quarters with a V nickel sandwiched between them plus three Indian Heads in the same hole, all dated from 1900 to 1906 and 12 inches deep, add a few wheats and a Rosy dime found at the old ball diamond made a good day of hunting.

The 50 cents in trade token from Taylor's Drug store in Peoria IL is in like new condition and an exciting find. I thought is was a Large Cent at first but a little finger rubbing quickly burst that bubble, but still, the token was a nice find. Nancy did some research on the token and found out that the drugstore opened in 1906 and was family run until 1995. We still don't know what No.10 that "cures it" is...... :shrug: That came from right next door to the campgrounds where we got permission to hunt last year and the lead 1943 Hoop net licence came from the same place.

One last ditch effort for another silver this morning before breaking camp yielded an 1864, no L, with a full LIBERTY cent that seemed fitting as an end to a great weekend of camping and hunting.

[attachment 203477 Holidayhunt1.jpg][attachment 203478 holidayhunt2.jpg][attachment 203480 Holidayhunt.jpg]

Looks like you had a fantastic weekend. That pocket spill was just unbelievable. You're going to have to hunt long and hard to top that one. Star and I enjoyed our visit with you guys Sunday. It was also nice to see Rob and Paulette again. Keep pulling those scarce indians out of the ground. That 64 will look good alongside that 78 you found last month. HH
Daryl & Star