Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hoopla dwindling

Wish you were doing the testing Des. We know where we stand with you.
Sorry just been to the shops and forgot to pick up a bloody Searcher or was it T.H ?[/quote]

They both are a great Magazine, can't put them down when they show up in the post:clap:

HH Jeff

laplander said:
Sorry just been to the shops and forgot to pick up a bloody Searcher or was it T.H ?

They both are a great Magazine, can't put them down when they show up in the post:clap:

HH Jeff[/quote]

Des wanted me to look for a test in one of the mags . Think it was the TH but not sure.

IDXMonster said:
As it would be with any product,especially things that cost in the hundreds of dollars,I would hope that ML is using this time to work out any bugs and to fine tune the EQ so when it’s out,it’s out. If I had to wait another 6 months but it’s a clean running machine with ZERO issues,I’d rather wait. Imagine running it RIGHT NOW for a period of 3 months and not finding much only to find out the tracking system isn’t calibrated correctly....or similar. What would I think of ML for that? Not much. I respect anyone/a company for taking the time to make it right,if that’s what the holdup is.
ML has known about Conductive salts and such for awhile now,so I cannot see that type of hunting being a hang up for this unit...it wouldn’t make any sense.
Cmon cmon cmon......:)

I wish they wouldn't announce a machine till its a week from the shops then we dont have all the "Hoopla" .

Nuke em said:
IDXMonster said:
As it would be with any product,especially things that cost in the hundreds of dollars,I would hope that ML is using this time to work out any bugs and to fine tune the EQ so when it’s out,it’s out. If I had to wait another 6 months but it’s a clean running machine with ZERO issues,I’d rather wait. Imagine running it RIGHT NOW for a period of 3 months and not finding much only to find out the tracking system isn’t calibrated correctly....or similar. What would I think of ML for that? Not much. I respect anyone/a company for taking the time to make it right,if that’s what the holdup is.
ML has known about Conductive salts and such for awhile now,so I cannot see that type of hunting being a hang up for this unit...it wouldn’t make any sense.
Cmon cmon cmon......:)

I wish they wouldn't announce a machine till its a week from the shops then we dont have all the "Hoopla" .

My thoughts exactly...

Nuke em said:
On another thread here it says a dealer has said that it will be released at the end of the year . Too late for Christmas though.

Still i'm waiting .

If only someone would take a machine and do a salt wet test .

Not to late for Christmas 2018

etex said:
Nuke em said:
On another thread here it says a dealer has said that it will be released at the end of the year . Too late for Christmas though.

Still i'm waiting .

If only someone would take a machine and do a salt wet test .

Not to late for Christmas 2018

Or 19 or 20 or 21 or .....

as when the Explorer 2 came out and even the dealers didn't know about it until a day or 2 before, so those that bought the XS a week before were not happy at all as they though Minelab should have let the dealer know. Then there was the Sovereign XS2a also when the Elite came out as I was a dealer than and I got stuck with a couple of XS2a and the Explorer XS that was hard to sell because everyone wanted the new ones out. They also tried letting the dealer know ahead of time of any new detector coming out and the dealers were not suppose to say anything until Minelab introduce them, but the day the dealer heard about would some one posted on the forums. This is why it is so hush hush right now and I am sure the dealers dont know for sure when the Equinox will be released or much about them like the rest of us.
Just have to wait and see when they are released as then the field tester will be able to talk about them, so it is just a waiting game right now.

Rick

My interest hasn't died. I simply have a good machine already, and I'm an adult and have patience. Most of the threads on the Equinox are people asking repeat questions or questions that can't yet be answered. When a good question IS asked, so many of the responses are from shady people quoting dubious sources, negative nancies, or people who I wouldn't trust to give me a review of a glass of water. My interest hasn't died, but my interest in the metal detecting COMMUNITY has died as a result of the toxic and downright stupid attitude some folks have, which have been brought to light in discussions on the Equinox.

Apparently one of the testers did a water test. This is was on a MineLab facebook page. This is what was quoted: “...I grabbed the EQUINOX. Why I didn’t start with it is beside me, but hindsight is 20/20, because targets were popping out left and right where I had hunted earlier. The final count was 5 gold rings, 5 pieces of silver and one Boy Scout ring! It all boiled down to sheer depth and target separation as the sand was deep and the iron bobby pins were thick.....” From the pictures it appears to have been a freshwater hunt. BUT..... we seen big finds before from the CTX which didnt have the salt setting. More hype?

Dew

I am so excited I just bought a VX3

Architex said:
They're just being Equinoxious.

:heh: Now that's funny!

I think Tyber0z is spot on as well.

Rich (Utah)

Nuke em said:
laplander said:
Sorry just been to the shops and forgot to pick up a bloody Searcher or was it T.H ?

HH Jeff

Des wanted me to look for a test in one of the mags . Think it was the TH but not sure.[/quote]

"Thanks Nuke 'em

Had it confirmed my ProFind 35 Field Test is in the new edition January TH magazine.

Yes, I'd love if Minelab asked me to 'debug' and final test the EQX!"