Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hope I'm not opening a can of worms.

okieroy

I'm sorry that Ken (IL) decided to share MY PRIVATE MESSAGE TO HIM with every one on the forum. I thought it was just between him and myself. We talked on the phone and I thought everything was OK but he said I apologised.
I will not apologise for him and his group going into parks that was off limits and getting asked to leave when they know that it was closed or for them hunting in places at night with flash lites to keep from getting run out in the day time or for the cone shaped holes that were dug or for hunting in dry weather when you could see the brown dead grass from the holes that had been dug and for one member of the group who would take a dump where ever he was and in front of anyone that was in the park.
When we hunt in parks or were ever we hunt we represent every one that Hunt's with a detector and when some one See's one of us do something wrong then it gives all of use a bad name. I love this hobby and like Ken I have been away from it for over 2yrs. I have hunted since 1967 and I do not want to see this hobby disappear because some of the hunters do not have respect for the rest of use and do not care what happens to parks after they hunt it and move on.
I just read a article that said will our hobby still be here in 2020 (W&E Dec 2007) and another one that said that Kentucky is trying to fix it were private owners can not give you permission to hunt their property.W&E Nov 2007) Where is it all going.
So for all the people that posted that I wasn't a man for not telling who I was this was a PRIVATE MESSAGE and Ken left my name off. he know who it was.
Let's all remember its our hobby and we have to protect it.
Happy Hunting everyone and may 2008 bring us all good hunts.
Roy (IL)

I was the one that made "the man" comment and from what I saw posted it appeared that it was sent anonymously. That is just not the way I was raised and certainly not the way to handle a conflict between parties. I take back the comment as it appears that I was mislead or mis-understood the context of the original message. I am sorry.

Sincerely,
therick

If nothing else gets resolved from this series of posts..................I hope that at least one new hunter understands that how you recover your targets, where you hunt, how you hunt and who you hunt with, affects many, many people in this hobby, if not our hobby as a whole.

I know, and have hunted with, every one of the people involved in this dispute. Those who have voiced an opinion and those who have not. Several I know personally, and some I consider good friends.

Metal Detecting is a privilege, not our right. Respect other peoples property, even if it is public property. Let's hope that our children, grandchildren and great grandchildren will be able to enjoy our hobby as much as we do.

...and i am aware of your efforts to go through LEGITIMATE CHANNELS to establish a permit system in Decatur.

it is because of these jerks that the ordinances were passed in the first place!

all i got to say to them is "thanks" for being so greedy and inconsiderate. FOAD! :veryangry:

not sure where or how good your info is. But we hunted 3 times in "Roys" park and was ask to leave and we did and have never been back. Roy hunted the same park knowing it was off limites and his old hunring buddy hunted there everyday. Hum looks like we know who drew more attention to detecting don't we. We never hunted "Roys" park at night either. This is all nonsense.

Larry you may not believe me but I agree with you on many points you've made. This thing with Roy is in the past I don't know why it's being brought up again. I don't think any of us are perfect. As far as your Courthouse we talked to the officers and none of them had any problems with us hunting there and they knew we were there at night we weren't trying to be sneaky as Roy says. If we caused a problem there then I apologize. God only knows how many people hunt at a place so who knows if it was our group, then if it was our group, who in our group, well you know what I'm trying to say. Whether any of us like it or not we don't own the parks and we have to share (all of us none of us are better than anyone else).

I have not been well for the last 2 years and haven't been out of town hunting these parks, but now I'm feeling better and I will probably be out hunting again I see I have a lot to look forward too. LOL I think I've only hunted 1-2 times with you and had a good time and would hunt with you again for that matter. I hope like you that something good comes from these post. Take care GL & HH Ken

Hello I didn't want to post his name out of respect for him. I just simply wanted to see if this was current news or old crap being brought up. Seems he was pointing the finger at me for getting everyplace shut down. The best thing I can do is not post me finds on here ever again this isn't the 1st time this has happened. HH Ken

...that certain parks are off limits to conscientious, law-abiding metal detectorists.

and i'm aware that Roy W. is helping to try to re-open some parks to the rest of "us".

i also know that Roy W. is currently a part of a group that has made a commitment to follow the rules.

i know that you have opened yourself to criticism by posting your own PM (and i'm glad you did).

and i know that you have personally responded to a very general statement.

methinks thou doth protest too much. hang it up.

nice finds, by the way (cemetery at midnight?) :devil:

Roy I had a nice new post for you but I've thought better and I'm not going to post it. I will just say to you we never hunted places at night that we couldn't hunt in the daytime. This is even something new that we didn't talk about the other night. I didn't post your name out of respect for you I just wanted to find out if this is new news that was going around. But it seems to be from the past. I think you and your buddy hunting your park everyday might have something to do with your park problem you guys knew it was off limit's and you couldn't stay out of there. Your park was off limit's before I even owned my Explorer but with you guys hunting it hot and heavy every day what do you expect.

Then you want to hunt with me I don't think I'll do that. I'm going to hunt alone I don't need the nonsense. I'm just now starting to feel good after being sick for 2 years and I hunt to enjoy myself. I guess you have a problem with sharing telling me you hope I'm staying in my area. I guess I have since I haven't hunted a park outside of Bloomington for 2 years not even you can find anyone that has seen me do that either. So I won't hunt with you or talk to you and that should solve this problem. You need to get out and find some coins it's been too long for you as well. Roy I've always thought highly of you and I still think you're a nice guy. I'm not sure why you blindsided me with this. Ken

Mike this was not a good thing. He had problems obviously, not that we condone what he did. But if you wanna kick a guy a guy while he's down keep on. He has sold his detector he can't walk anymore or sit up he's gonna be in bed for the rest of his life. I would give him my detector if he could get out of that bed and ever walk again. I thought some of you might want to know his story. He had problems and still does he has kidney problems diabetes and Parkinson's. Bob loved hunting he had a record that most of us will never beat he found at least 1 coin in every month for over 20 years before he had to stop even if the ground was froze. That really brought him down when he couldn't hunt anymore. Bob was a good guy I liked hunting with him, was he perfect no but neither are the rest of "us". So instead of all this nonsense we should all get out and hunt because you never know when your last hunt might be. Ken

Please. I for one enjoy the people on this site and value them as friends. 99% of the people on this site are those I'd love to share a day in the field and a few beers with. Most seem to have a sense of humor and I am one of those. No harm intended, simply an attempt to diffuse and end a potential spat which really has no place here (You're certainly welcome to email me personally...and Okieroy for that matter). If you wish to make up with Okieroy for your comments, I certainly applaud that and am glad to see you do so. I would appreciate it, however, if you would cease your attempts to deflect the angst to me. I don't know either of you, have no part of this bagatelle and only wish to keep this site fun and helpful. My only mistake was an ill-fated attempt at being humorous, and I have learned a valuable lesson in doing so.

Lastly Ken, I agree with your statement about getting out there. Amen indeed.

HH Mike

Ken.
This is the last post to this message that I will make and if I have anything to say to you I will send a PM and hope you don't post it on this board.
The Decatur parks were not off limits when me and my buddy hunted them and after my buddy told me they were off limits I quit hunting.
As far as you having a nice post about me thats a big laugh. Remember you blind sided me by putting our PRIVATE MESSAGE ON THE FORUM.
I have no more to say on the subject and I APOLOGISE TO THE FORUM FOR YOUR & MY BEHAVIOR.
If you have any more to say please PM me I promise not to post it
Roy

(Quote, Ken) This thing with Roy is in the past I don't know why it's being brought up again. (Larry) Didn't YOU bring it up?

(Quote Ken) As far as your Courthouse we talked to the officers and none of them had any problems with us hunting there and they knew we were there at night we weren't trying to be sneaky. (Larry) Not according to Bob. He said you guys didn't know the county police have their office in the courthouse and was surprised to see them there. He also said that your group, (Locusts) DID intend to slip into town and out without drawing attention to yourselves. Yes, the cops here are nice guys, and you can hunt the courthouse, day or night. You would have known that if you asked permission to hunt.

(Quote Ken) So who knows if it was our group, then if it was our group, who in our group? (Larry) I talked to Bob about a month after the courthouse incident. He didn't know me from Adam. He was quite proud of the night raid at the courthouse and he named names.

(Quote Ken) If we caused a problem there then I apologize. (Larry) Accepted.