Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hornest Nest Button

jimmy

Can anyone tell me about this button, it has a hornets nest with tree and the letters HNRC at the top, backmark is scovill something? found at campsite near raleigh n.c.

Correction hornets nest rifle corps, very rare, look on ridgeway web page under nc buttons and it list the specific unit.

Congrats

Hi Brianc, Just had a friend call me that found this button listed in his tice book as tice nc254a1 and albert book listed as albert nc18, WOW!!! I hope he's not jokein me., my friend asked me if I was sitting down when he called?, I do not have those books so I have no way to verify what he said the value of this button, but if true I have made the best find of my detecting life $7,500. can someone please verify! evidently it is a very very rare button,Thanks, Jimmy

I only rinsed with warm water cotton dried and now it resides in a plastic pill bottle and locked up in my gunsafe!!

WOW ........................................................................................................................................................:yikes: What a find there WTG! What Machine are you running there i go out to Outter banks alot love it there wished the beaches was open there ..VERY NICE FIND KEEPEM COMING
HH

Hi Dirtyray, I use a ctx 3030 swinging slow & low, I was on relic mode when found this very rare button 11-12" deep barely a chirp but a good chirp lol. I hunt emerald isle beach & topsail beach regularly and once in a while I get out to kitty hawk, nags head area, it's all good.

No not te natl. seashore area from nags head south but all beaches from nags head north to virginia are fair game, many old gold and silver coins have come from this area over the years, especially after storms with beach erosian. Good luck on your next hunt!

Congradulation on the Terrific Find.I think your best bet is to soak it in Distilled Water, changing the water every week for about 2 month. This should Neturalize the soil contents. Then maybe put some Olive Oil on it.. Please someone Chime in on Perservation.I live in Charlotte and still looking for a Hornets Button or The N C Military Academy Button-.. Another thing I do is put some of my finds in Boiling water and a drop of Joy Detergent, then take a wooden toothpick to clean the surface- Good Luck- goldnugget

Hi Goldnugget, I appreciate the info as I am looking for a way to safely preserve this valuable button for possible sale, I don't want to do anything harmful as I now understand it's true value and rarity, Thanks again, Jimmy (US Navy 1965-71)

Latest offer, $5,000 so I am hanging on to it for a while as there are fewer than 40 known to exist !

My Albert books shows it on page 217. NC 18. A hornets nest with a swarm of hornets below the initials H N R C. (At top). A volunteer company of Charlotte designated Co B first regiment of NC Volunteers, the Bethel Regiment.

[attachment 313962 MVC-018F.JPG]Hi Jimmy, congrats on the HNRC button. I found one in Charlotte around 30 years ago, still have it. Haven't checked the price in a few years. About 6-8 years ago North/South Tader Price Guide listed it at $2000-$2500. Had it about 10 years before I washed the dirt off. That is the third one I know of found.

Hi, Thanks, I know you are happy wth your HNRC also as it is a great find and quite rare, I know that that unit came from the charlotte area and they came to raleigh and camped at the Dorothea Dix asylum for a few weeks which is where I found mine, they broke camp and went to the Weldon/Garysburg area for base camp and went to the first land battle of the CW at Big Bethel church. There is some rich history behind this group. Have you found any information about them and their camp sites? thanks and Happy Hunting, Jimmy (US Navy 1965-71)

Awesome button Wayne !