Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How did everyone do for a silver count this season?

There really isn’t Jim, it’s an addiction. We have ALL questioned our own sanity at one point or another regarding how far we might drive, how many hours we might spend, how tired we might be and still go detecting...but in the end it’s a quest to SEE IF WE CAN DO IT....the thrill of the hunt. We’re not ”making money” at this. In some cases it has taken away from family time, or put other projects on the back burner....but it’s OK. An addiction with an actual positive return is one I can get on board with! Thanks!
My name is Jim and I’m a silver addict 😁

49 silver (2 seated) and 66 IH so far... will most likely be my second lowest annual total for silver... not giving up just yet... there's still a few days left this year!

49 silver (2 seated) and 66 IH so far... will most likely be my second lowest annual total for silver... not giving up just yet... there's still a few days left this year!
Nice! Seated is TOUGH here, although they pop up from time to time. As far as not giving up...your user name says it all!😃

You said all of that perfectly. Must be the reason I was hunting all weekend in brutal 25 mph winds and 25-35 degrees :)
Will have to count up the silver at the end of the year when I do a year end wrap up post. I know its been a good year for old quarters this year and being able to hunt into December.
There really isn’t Jim, it’s an addiction. We have ALL questioned our own sanity at one point or another regarding how far we might drive, how many hours we might spend, how tired we might be and still go detecting...but in the end it’s a quest to SEE IF WE CAN DO IT....the thrill of the hunt. We’re not ”making money” at this. In some cases it has taken away from family time, or put other projects on the back burner....but it’s OK. An addiction with an actual positive return is one I can get on board with! Thanks!

Been my best year. 12 silvers, but my first: seated dime, walking lib half, 1892 Canadian quarter and a key date buff. Plus two gold rings (one dated 1917) and 11 silver rings.

Half with etrac and half with ctx.

The seated dime and the canadian quarter were inches apart, about 11" deep. With some iron trash in the whole, it turned out to be one of the saddest plugs I've ever dug-- but man did the 'trac scream.

On the negative: I must've dug 500 zincs.

Been a great season hunting with Ronstar-- that man has a sixth sense for the silver.

You said all of that perfectly. Must be the reason I was hunting all weekend in brutal 25 mph winds and 25-35 degrees :)
Will have to count up the silver at the end of the year when I do a year end wrap up post. I know its been a good year for old quarters this year and being able to hunt into December.
You sir are going to have one huge pile of silver!!

1 - size 6 silver thimble
4 - silver rings
51 - coins
Oldest coin 1890 Morgan
Different coin 1944 twenty centavos

I am one of the really fortunate ones when it comes to detecting time afield. Barring rain or travel, I hunt daily averaging 3.5 hours per. Both my spouse and self do our own things in the a m and then things together p m and evenings.

Like earthlypotluck, Jim, I am a silver addict, too. Since 2006 when I retired, I'd been averaging 127 silver coins annually. 2017 was the first year I didn't hit 100 as well as 2018, 2019, and 2020. Each year has been a few less. 2020 totals were 62. No new sites and I am not a door knocker. May have to become one, though, if I want to continue to see the color of silver. Sorry about writing a book. HH Jim tn

2020 was a good year for silver jewelry because I hunting 99% of the time around a nearby lake. I did take a road trip for 5 days and found all my silver coins on that trip. I think I'm around 100 pieces of silver, jewelty and coins combined. I used the CTX and Equinox, Equinox only at the lake.

Attachments

• sil ver rings 2020.jpg
    sil ver rings 2020.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 112
  • Coins 2020.jpg
    Coins 2020.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 114
  • gold 2020.jpg
    gold 2020.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 121