Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

how does the Etrac do on gold?

Um,I am definately no expert on gold,It has soooooo many variables.
The e trac can find it ,but you gotta dig a lot of trash too!

LabradorBob

Etrac does just fine on finding gold......just like many other detector would...etrac may just be better on separation, recovery and possibly depth as well.

Gold chains are the hardest to find....just like many other detectors.

Very nice,Love the Cameo,they are my favorites.

Labradorbob

Bob,

I will trade you the ring for the dog!

Its hard to beat an etrac....sometimes yes and sometimes no.....its one of the very best...in any case!

Bert,

Thanks! Ive done pretty well for about 1.5 years at it. I know I can always do better and never quit learning something...its a great hobby!

Here another pic and dont forget about the 9000+ coins.....yikes...... did I dig all those???

No, I use to use an Explorer SE and also now use an v3i but the majority of finds has been with the etrac as I use that one more than anything. Etrac is just quicker, smoother and more reliable than the SE. It also helps that Im getting better at using it. I just wish I was in an area that had older stuff like in the midwest or east coast. Someday I will have to go there and see what I can dig up. Oldest coin to date is pretty nice 1900 IH penny. Cant seem to break into the 1800s yet but someday it will happen.

I find the E-Trac to be great on gold. I've had mine for less than a year and have found 6 gold rings, 1 gold pendant & 1 platinum ring.

Ah,I couldn't get rid of the dog,He is part of the family.
I have had him since a puppy,very good dogs those Labs.

LabradorBob

LabradorBob said:
Ah,I couldn't get rid of the dog,He is part of the family.
I have had him since a puppy,very good dogs those Labs.

LabradorBob

Thanks for the nice comments!

Bob,
I figured as much! Which goes first??? Detector, dog or wife:confused:

On average sized gold the E-Trac will do great, but, it has issues on the smaller odd shaped gold earrings, pendents and crosses.

terryw,

Have you tried a 8"x6" coil or smaller and turning up the sensitivity to at least 28. I have and I'm
finding small gold chains.

THe E-TRAC is great on rings! Can be iron rings, too

No issues here with any gold tested, depth ain't like a xterra 705' but no 1 machine can do it all I guess